Moparts

Little Red Express

Posted By: jml19621

Little Red Express - 08/14/12 04:22 PM

Over the years my father and I have restored more than our share of cars. He is now 74 years old. We have just finished (are the ever really finished) a 70 Cuda, with a gran coupe interior. We decided that the Cuda would be the last car we ever did. We went to Carlisle and he went and did it. He bought a 79 Lil Red Express. He always wanted one. Is there anywhere that specializes in part for the Red Express? Overall it is in decent shape, but it does need a new wood floor, glove box door, and a few other Red Express parts. I believe other parts came from the D150 pickup or am I wrong. Any Help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Posted By: Dave W

Re: Little Red Express - 08/14/12 04:46 PM

Dodge Connection. Great place to deal with and alot of good information about LRE's.
Posted By: Paul G

Re: Little Red Express - 08/15/12 12:51 AM

Jeff,
I agree Dodge Connection is a good place for parts. Likewise my father is in his 70’s.... finished a 70 Cuda’ years ago, 71 RR in work now. Did a LRE a couple of years ago and have some parts, what do you need?
Paul
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Little Red Express - 08/15/12 01:39 AM

Yeap.. I agree.. Dodge Connection is a good place.. I've owned two '79's and restored one with the help of DC...
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Little Red Express - 08/15/12 02:33 AM

Bruce Horkey Cabinetry makes some great parts too! I have had half a dozen Lil Red's and bought parts from him decades ago.
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Little Red Express - 08/15/12 04:13 AM

Quote:

Bruce Horkey Cabinetry makes some great parts too! I have had half a dozen Lil Red's and bought parts from him decades ago.

Yeap, that's where I got my panels.. Fit great...........
Posted By: Q5_Ed

Re: Little Red Express - 08/16/12 03:31 AM

So what is a field find a bit crusty with single headlights worth if I wanted to get involved in one I know of?
Posted By: redex79

Re: Little Red Express - 08/17/12 01:38 AM

They are a neat truck. This was mine, I did a frame off resto on this 79. Sold it a couple of years ago. I gave $2000 for this truck. mostly complete, no rust, several years ago. It's a buyers market right now.

Attached picture 7338285-DSC01582.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums