Moparts

Interior Paint Color

Posted By: Fire In The Sky

Interior Paint Color - 05/22/08 04:29 PM

Anyone know who has the best matching interior paint to the original. I looked on Year One & they say color may vary from original. Anyone have any other choices? My interior is Dark Metallic Green. I need to paint the ashtray & some other stuff. Year One's paint even close?
Thanks everybody for your input, Jo
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Interior Paint Color - 05/22/08 04:37 PM

everybody is going to chime in and say SEM but I have had the best luck with DuPont master tint vinyl.
Posted By: beepbeep

Re: Interior Paint Color - 05/22/08 04:39 PM

Quote:

Anyone know who has the best matching interior paint to the original. I looked on Year One & they say color may vary from original. Anyone have any other choices? My interior is Dark Metallic Green. I need to paint the ashtray & some other stuff. Year One's paint even close?
Thanks everybody for your input, Jo

Depends on the year.
Posted By: Fire In The Sky

Re: Interior Paint Color - 05/22/08 05:15 PM

Year is 69 & make is Plymouth
Where is the best place to get it?
Posted By: buzz440

Re: Interior Paint Color - 05/22/08 10:56 PM

Judging from your discription, 69 Plymouth dark green..... sounds like your looking for; F8 in suede texture, call up Rob at MOPAINTS he'll set you up with the right paint. 732-846-1044....tell him ROWBEAR from the great white north sent you.

Later, BUZZ
Posted By: WH23H6

Re: Interior Paint Color - 05/26/08 03:54 AM

Hey,

I re-done my 69 Sat. dash last winter. Baltic Blue suede finish. I used the Mo-paint and was very happy with the colour match and the texture. The texture is very important as it will change the colur shade. I have not found any other paint that can duplicate this unique texture like the Mo-paint can!! Sems and other brands are too smooth even when used with a flatning agent.
Good luck.....
Posted By: rrunner

Re: Interior Paint Color - 05/26/08 02:30 PM

I didn't have good luck with the Mopaint, color was way too bright and paint was very thin.
Possibly a fluke, but I haven't tryed them since. I see many post good results from their products, maybe another try is in order.
Posted By: KARLN

Re: Interior Paint Color - 05/26/08 09:08 PM

Mopaint has also had issues with their rattle can supplier. Some cans don't spray at all. They have been very good about replacing the cans but I've been waiting for my Bright Blue interior paint for months now.
Posted By: buzz440

Re: Interior Paint Color - 05/27/08 02:55 AM

I've ordered at least a dozen times from them, never had a bad can or color issue. If you did or do have an issue with one of their products, just call them up and ask to talk to Rob, explain your problem and I'm sure he'll fix thinks up for you.

Later, BUZZ
© 2024 Moparts Forums