Moparts

Fuel filler neck screws?

Posted By: copperSwinger

Fuel filler neck screws? - 08/10/12 12:28 AM

Someone snuck into my garage and stole my 4 screws for my 71 dart fuel filler tube (where mounts to the quarter panel) I cant remember what they looked like. The robber took nothing else.

Can someone show me?

Thanks
Posted By: moparfan53

Re: Fuel filler neck screws? - 08/10/12 01:50 AM

Here are some pics. Hope this helps!

Re: Fuel filler neck screws? - 08/10/12 02:20 AM

thanks a lot! I thought you had to slide the tube in from the outside, yours is different. interesting. Never would have thought of that. Now Ive got my work cut out for tomorrow.

Thanks

High-five from a Local NBer
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Fuel filler neck screws? - 08/12/12 11:37 PM

#10 x 1/2" pan head, clear zinc, sheetmetal screw
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Fuel filler neck screws? - 08/13/12 01:36 AM

Quote:

Someone snuck into my garage and stole my 4 screws for my 71 dart fuel filler tube (where mounts to the quarter panel) I cant remember what they looked like. The robber took nothing else.

Can someone show me?

Thanks

Hah, he frequents my garage alot and it tools he after. then he leaves his soda cans, snack wrappers and skateboard junk everywhere. rumor has it he looks alot like my son!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Fuel filler neck screws? - 08/13/12 02:46 PM

Quote:

thanks a lot! I thought you had to slide the tube in from the outside, yours is different. interesting. Never would have thought of that. Now Ive got my work cut out for tomorrow.

Thanks

Depends on the year , I don't know when the change occured but I do know that 67-69 A bodies the filler tube is inside the rear quarter, I have a tube that is supposed to be from a 72 and goes in from the outside.

One way to tell is if your filler tube has a vent line attached to it, nipple and bracket to hold it, the ones that slide in form the outside will have neither.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Fuel filler neck screws? - 08/13/12 03:36 PM

Quote:

Depends on the year , I don't know when the change occured but I do know that 67-69 A bodies the filler tube is inside the rear quarter, I have a tube that is supposed to be from a 72 and goes in from the outside.

My brothers 1971 duster is on the inside
Posted By: moparfan53

Re: Fuel filler neck screws? - 08/13/12 11:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

One way to tell is if your filler tube has a vent line attached to it, nipple and bracket to hold it, the ones that slide in form the outside will have neither.

JohnRR; Thanks for the info, I was not aware there was a design change.

copperSwinger; I should have specified the pics were of a 70 Swinger. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that 70 and 71 would be the same. Here is an inside filler tube pic for you to compare to your's.

High 5 back at ya from a fellow NBer!

Attached picture 7333793-70filltube.jpg
Posted By: blewbyu2bad

Re: Fuel filler neck screws? - 08/25/12 05:49 PM

I have this same filler neck for my 69 Dart with the vent tube. Can anyone tell me the purpose of it? It attaches to the fuel pickup assy so both ends of the vent tube always see the same pressures inside the tank. Can't figure out its purpose.
Thanks

Re: Fuel filler neck screws? - 08/25/12 11:00 PM

Turns out mine slides in from the outside like I thought in the first place haha. had a hell of a time playing with it.

I guess the changeover took place sometime before april 71. interesting.

glad thats solved, thanks guys
© 2024 Moparts Forums