Moparts

install new sheatmetal

Posted By: toplescuda

install new sheatmetal - 07/12/12 05:06 AM

Ok how about a ballpark fig on this
install all new panels no paint or nothen just get the new panels on
car is a cuda two full 1/4s put frame rails (full) in back trunk floor trunk ext.(all amd stuff) front floor pan(one peicse) front frame rail
yes thats a lot of work but buddy has all the parts and like a ballpark fig to have his 1-1 scale model glue (lol welded) togeather
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: install new sheatmetal - 07/12/12 05:19 AM

Location, location, location.....prices are vastly different from area to area, but to hang just the sheetmetal, rails, floor work, final welding, no bodywork your looking at least $5K here, just for starters, as you open the can, worms appear...there will be hidden work if the car needs that much extensive work

Re: install new sheatmetal - 07/12/12 05:36 AM

The car is not as rotted as sounds its just ever part mentioned is not 100% perfict so he bought brand new parts to replace

Re: install new sheatmetal - 07/12/12 05:38 AM

Shop rates here are 45-60 hour
Posted By: dobie

Re: install new sheatmetal - 07/12/12 04:28 PM

My RR was taken to a local shop back in march. Right side full quarter, half left quarter, trunk floor, and dutchman panel was estimated at $3k. Once they tore into it there were other obvious issues that needed to be addressed. Total bill for the back half was around $4.5k.

Their shop rate is $44/hr.
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: install new sheatmetal - 07/12/12 05:28 PM

Quote:

Location, location, location.....prices are vastly different from area to area, but to hang just the sheetmetal, rails, floor work, final welding, no bodywork your looking at least $5K here, just for starters, as you open the can, worms appear...there will be hidden work if the car needs that much extensive work

It'd be double that here....at least.

Dave
Posted By: musclecarfinders

Re: install new sheatmetal - 07/21/12 04:06 PM

I'm in Ozark, Missouri if you're looking for a shop to do this. Our 'Cuda Factory' is finishing 3 70's and 3 71's. That list is pretty involved, and I'd estimate around $7,000 to do it right, shop rate of $65/hr. Message me if it's something you're interested in having done.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: install new sheatmetal - 07/21/12 04:36 PM

That's a big job, don't take the cheapest estimate either. Better to find out how they are going to do it. Do they have a proper spot welder? How are they going to keep it square? Do they take care in lining things up and can they modify the pieces for proper fit or do they think the pieces will be "good enough". Quality is so much more important than price on these jobs.

Sheldon
© 2024 Moparts Forums