Moparts

Headliner question

Posted By: hemifw

Headliner question - 11/03/08 01:09 PM

Can you get a headliner in correctly without taking out the front and rear windows on a 71 Demon ?
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: Headliner question - 11/04/08 12:56 PM

I would think so, but it may take an experienced shop to do it. I had the headliner in my 70 dart done years ago and they didn't pull the windows.
Posted By: 69440

Re: Headliner question - 11/04/08 01:24 PM

It's easier to do with the glass out, but we do it all the time with the glass in place. It only adds a small amount of time to the job. One tip, don't cut away any of the excess material until you're happy with the results. 69440
Posted By: RestoRick

Re: Headliner question - 11/04/08 01:26 PM

It can be done with or without the windshield & backlite in place. It's just a little easier without them in. When I assemble a car, I like to time it to do the headliner before the windows.

Rick
Posted By: hemifw

Re: Headliner question - 11/04/08 03:41 PM

Quote:

It can be done with or without the windshield & backlite in place. It's just a little easier without them in. When I assemble a car, I like to time it to do the headliner before the windows.

Rick

I had a headliner installed and it ended up with wrinkles in the sail panels. I took it to a guy that does mopars and he tried to get them out, but he said the front and rear windows needed to come out. I really dont want to take the windows out.Should I look for someone else to do it?
Posted By: RestoRick

Re: Headliner question - 11/04/08 07:06 PM

Wrinkles could be worked out with the windows in place, so I'd say yes.. find someone else.
© 2024 Moparts Forums