Moparts

good carpet for an e body

Posted By: HEMIDOG 70

good carpet for an e body - 06/13/12 02:00 AM

I want to pick up a carpet for my 70 Challenger vert at Carlisle. Who sells a good quality one? Did I read someone makes one that's not folded up when you buy it and it is longer in the firewall area.If so who sells that style of carpet.
Posted By: faud88

Re: good carpet for an e body - 06/13/12 02:27 AM

ECS out of Florida sells the carpet you speak of. I recently ordered it but have not installed it yet. I am little worried with all of the trimming I will need to do.
Posted By: MLR426

Re: good carpet for an e body - 06/13/12 03:22 AM

Quote:

ECS out of Florida sells the carpet you speak of. I recently ordered it but have not installed it yet. I am little worried with all of the trimming I will need to do.

ECS Concepts is in Missouri. Dave Waldens company.
It is the best carpet and you will have to order it from them. They do not take carpet to Carlisle. It is is shipped in a large box ready to slide out and install. The best carpet period.

MLR426
Posted By: Crazy68Dart

Re: good carpet for an e body - 06/13/12 05:47 PM

I just installed carpet in the Dart. I got it through year-one around 8 years ago. It sat folded in the box for that long until a few weeks ago. I removed it and let it in the hot sun for a day.

It went in just fine and in my opinion has lots of extra in the firewall area. I had to trim around the roll cage which was a pain, but less than I thought it was going to be. Quality seems good too, although I don't have much to compare it against.

Not sure if this helps... but figured I would mention it.

Re: good carpet for an e body - 06/13/12 11:47 PM

Thanks for the replies. I called ecs today they have no 4 spd Challenger convert carpets in blk,and said they are pretty much out of the carpet business. Anyone have some more suggestions for a good carpet.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: good carpet for an e body - 06/14/12 01:28 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the replies. I called ecs today they have no 4 spd Challenger convert carpets in blk,and said they are pretty much out of the carpet business. Anyone have some more suggestions for a good carpet.

Out of the carpet biz!?!

Re: good carpet for an e body - 06/14/12 01:38 AM

I guess so. When I talked to the fellow on the phone said he only had one challenger carpet and it was blue and for an automatic. He would not take an order. said they had them custom made by acc.
Posted By: KARLN

Re: good carpet for an e body - 06/14/12 03:13 AM

they repackage the ACC carpet in a flat box. You should call them back, I'm sure they can still get carpet for you.
Posted By: MLR426

Re: good carpet for an e body - 06/14/12 03:23 AM

Quote:

they repackage the ACC carpet in a flat box. You should call them back, I'm sure they can still get carpet for you.

They repackage only after receiving the carpet in bulk containers layed flat and stacked. These were special runs for ECS and made to their standards and stacked after coming off the the carpet press to keep the original shape. It appears ECS will no longer purchase the ACC carpet sets in bulk and made to their specs any longer. This is a loss to the hobby, possibly because people wouldn't spend the extra bucks for the nicer carpet sets they simply made due with the common crappy folded junk.

MLR426

Re: good carpet for an e body - 06/14/12 03:23 AM

No I don't think they repackaged a carpet. It was produced to their specs for them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums