Moparts

63 savoy max wedge hood scoop holes HELP!!!!

Posted By: GI Moparman

63 savoy max wedge hood scoop holes HELP!!!! - 04/12/12 04:11 AM

Im building a 63 plymouth into a max wedge clone and wondering if anyone can help with the location of the two holes that need to be in the hood under the scoop. Also the location of how far the rear of the scoop should be from the back of the hood. I need the size of the holes and the location and would appriciate greatly any help. Thanks Guys! Without moparts and its vast knowledge what would our mopars look like?
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: 63 savoy max wedge hood scoop holes HELP!!!! - 04/12/12 04:29 AM

Maybe this will help?

Attached picture 7161464-1963PLY-26.jpg
Posted By: GI Moparman

Re: 63 savoy max wedge hood scoop holes HELP!!!! - 04/12/12 04:32 AM

That definatly gives me an awsome idea what it will look like! Thanks but any measurements?
Posted By: Anselmi

Re: 63 savoy max wedge hood scoop holes HELP!!!! - 04/12/12 01:46 PM

I would do it this way -> http://www.moparmax.com/tech/2007/ii_12-string-1.html ...if you want the holes right above the carbs. If you are using later model K-member or "different" motor mounts, the original holes would not probably match anyway.
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: 63 savoy max wedge hood scoop holes HELP!!!! - 04/12/12 02:44 PM

Quote:

That definatly gives me an awsome idea what it will look like! Thanks but any measurements?

Sorry, I don't have the measurements. Contact member QuickSilver (he made the hood and scoop), and perhaps he can give you what you need.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: 63 savoy max wedge hood scoop holes HELP!!!! - 04/12/12 07:25 PM

For the hole centers I always install some 1/4" all-thread in the carbs just long enough to touch the inside of the hood when closed (grind the top to a point) and gently close the hood on the pointed end. Smack the top of the hood with your fist to leave a couple of dimples in the paint and that's center.
Posted By: B_Body_Bob

Re: 63 savoy max wedge hood scoop holes HELP!!!! - 04/12/12 09:30 PM

There's a Steve Magnante article on moparmax.com explaining how he did it on an AWB Dart build, if you can find it. I found the rest of the article, but not that part. It's described in his "how to build AWB cars" book too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums