Moparts

69 Bee rear window trim removal

Posted By: HotRod20

69 Bee rear window trim removal - 03/12/12 07:38 PM

Anyone have a best practice to remove front and rear window trim? I was looking for a B body restoration book to refresh my memory. Last full resto I did was in '87.I was hoping a book might be out there that has a pictorial on this.
Posted By: chromedome426

Re: 69 Bee rear window trim removal - 03/13/12 01:47 AM

There is a proper tool that just slides between the glass and the trim. Once you hook the tip of the tool behind a clip gently pull the clip away from the outer edge of the trim. Then gently pull the trim up from the glass just enough to clear the clip. Let the tention off that clip and move the tool to the next one. Hope that helps you.

Attached picture 7115542-2038.gif
Posted By: 300by500

Re: 69 Bee rear window trim removal - 03/13/12 02:03 AM

You need the trim tool that looks like an arrowhead. I tried a GM/Ford/AMC tool (like the one shown above) on my '71 Dart and got frustrated, but the right tool pops the clips in a jiffy with no hassle. Found mine at an O'Rielly Auto Parts store that carries paint supplies, no local paint shops knew what tool I was talking about.

Not sure if a B-body has the same clips as an A-body. If it does this thread will help, has a pic that shows what the tool looks like. trim removal
Posted By: HotRod20

Re: 69 Bee rear window trim removal - 03/13/12 01:49 PM

Hey thanks to the both of you,this info is great. I will get the tool and have at it. Thank you so much for the pictorial link. That is awesome and will probably be used by others to follow.
I love this site.
HR 20
Rich
Posted By: pushbutton

Re: 69 Bee rear window trim removal - 03/13/12 02:01 PM

Quote:

Hey thanks to the both of you,this info is great. I will get the tool and have at it. Thank you so much for the pictorial link. That is awesome and will probably be used by others to follow.
I love this site.
HR 20
Rich

As noted in the pic link be aware of the tar like sealer that may have the trim stuck even after the clips are released. It's very easy to bend if your not careful. Ask me how I know. Good luck.
© 2024 Moparts Forums