Moparts

New E Body Door Panels!!!!

Posted By: capt

New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 02/27/12 07:48 PM

I just received my new set of white e body door panels 2 weeks ago.I had ordered them at Big Daddys Mopar show in Ocala FL from Pro Fit back at the begining of Nov. and and was told would receive them in the middle of Dec which is what Metro told them. I had been following moparts and knew that they were delayed.So I received them 2 weeks ago only to find that the person who had packed them had grease on their hands and it was on the white panels.There was also blue marks and other marks on the panels.I tried wiping them with water and dish soap and some of the dirt came off.I spoke to Pro Fit and they were told to have me try to clean them with fantastik and then paint thinner which cleaned all the dirt but all the marks are still there.I called Pro Fit again and they contacted Metro again, they told them that they had paint that they could use to repair the panel but then emailed them back and said that they did not have paint and it would be three months before they would have more sets again.Pro Fit said they will refund my money or I can hold on to the panels until the new ones come in.Dealing with them has been a pleasure.But I am suprized with metro for not checking the panels out before sending them and for even thinking of painting the marks on the panels,especially for what I have payed for these panels, I could of repainted my old panels for alot cheaper. I understand the delays in receiving them though that should have been told up front.And I know that remaking these panels are not cheap!But to have payed and waited to receive these panels only to recieve them the way I did and to have to wait another 3 months to see if the next ones are any better or to have to and mix and match between the first and the second ones just to get a set!!To say the least I am not too happy with the whole situation,but there are not too many choices when looking for replacement panels for these cars. I would like to know if anyone else has had any issues with these panels even if they are not white! I hope I'm the only one!
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 02/28/12 12:26 AM

Well that kinda sucks for ya,....I was under the impression the "colored" Metro panels would have been molded in their respective colors,......E body panels scuff easily enough being hard plastic,...painted/dyed, esp white, over what Black?,....ehhhh
Posted By: 1970A66

Re: New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 02/28/12 03:03 AM

I just recieved a full set of black Challenger panels today and they are BEAUTIFUL !! Perfect!
I bought direct from Metro, ordered last Thursday. Well packaged, no issues though I haven't installed yet of course.
Posted By: moparo

Re: New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 02/28/12 02:09 PM

I brought my new cuda panels home yesterday, they are white and compared them to a mint set of originals. These panels are very well done.

Mine are not dyed white they are molded in the color.

I can see a potential problem with the rears the way they are packaged. My box was alittle beat up.
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 02/28/12 09:11 PM

Quote:

I just received my new set of white e body door panels 2 weeks ago

So are they Cuda or Challenger? they are just a wee bit different you know
Posted By: Convertcuda

Re: New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 02/29/12 02:17 AM

Moparo - Did the Metro white color match 100% compared to the originals? Just curious. Also, do you think they would pass for OE judging?

Thanks Ken

Re: New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 02/29/12 04:38 AM

My panels are for my 74 cuda. There is a big difference between cuda and challenger panels. As for the color, it is molded into the plastic I don't think that it is white over black.From what I saw when they molded these doors there were blue inpurities in the plastic that accounts for the marks that I have in the doors.But I don't understand why they did'nt check the product before they were shipped out!! And the way they are handling the replacement situation, does'nt say much for their customer service!!
Posted By: soho

Re: New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 02/29/12 05:47 PM

You didn't buy the panels from us, but as we seem to be getting the business end of the complaints I guess I should comment.

Pro Fit placed an order with us, an asked that it be shipped to what was your address I am assuming. Later, we received an email from them requesting an exchange due to customer complaints.

We informed them that we were now out of stock on the white rear panels, and it would be a few months before we were expecting to have them restocked. They emailed us that there customer was very upset, and if there was anything else we could do right away.

We told Pro Fit they could have the customer use the panels until the new panels were in stock at which time we would send new panels, or they would have to issue a refund. We told them again that we didn't have any on hand, and we didn't have any of the white dyed gloss coating (not "paint" paint) at this time, so there was nothing we could do about the stray marks from the factory right then.

Of the hundreds of sets we have sent out since the new panels have made it in, we have only had one other set to have had issues with stray marks as your have. I don't think that's a bad track record. Unfortunately, those white rear panels you want were a bit too popular in this case.

The E-Body panels are colored throughout, and are not painted. There is a coating sprayed on them as the panels are pulled from the mold that evens the gloss (dulls in this case) of the panels. Most all molded plastic receive a similar coating. We can get this coating with the color used in the panels added to it. We just don't have any in white right now. We have now ordered some and are waiting on it to come in. You can use it to fix minor flaws like your unfortunate set seems to have had, or to color match your other interior panels to get a perfect match.

Re: New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 03/01/12 02:07 AM

It really does'nt matter where I purchased the panels and its not Pro Fits problem if the product they sold from you had an issue except to replace the product or refund the money.And they offered that from the very begining no questions asked. There's only one place that sells these panels,and thats you.And unluckily I got the panels that were flawed.And we are not just discussing the rears but the fronts also. They came as a complete set and one front and one rear had flaws.I understand that you have a good track record with the panels so far, though that did'nt happen with this set.I am surprized that you did not have a few extra sets set aside in case you had a issue with one or two to beable to use as an exchange.Either way it does'nt matter for the simple reason I need the panels and I will have to wait another 3 months or so before my set will be replaced.If I did'nt need the panels I would of canceled from the begining. Thanks!
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 03/01/12 10:42 PM

But why were the panels sent out originally... Isn't there a quality control visual inspection before shipping them???
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 03/01/12 10:53 PM

Quote:

But why were the panels sent out originally... Isn't there a quality control visual inspection before shipping them???

Sometimes it's the guys packing them, had a customer special order custom made white vinyl 70 Charger SE panels at Legendary, the guy that packed them wrapped them in plastic that evendently had a blue pen stuck to it, guess what, banging around in the box, in the truck, the blue pen leaked all over the white panels,....Legendary did replace them at no charge, but were baffled at first how it happened,....sh!T happens when you least expect it

mike
Posted By: Morty426

Re: New E Body Door Panels!!!! - 03/01/12 10:57 PM

The important thing here is that Metro is trying to make it right. The original reseller is trying to make it right.

I'm wondering if this is a case of Metro not believing what people were telling them. My understanding as the door panels by themselves were selling rather poorly and people, myself included, told them that people are waiting for a complete set. Specially those people with colored interior.

And now Metro is sold out. Well that's a great problem to have
© 2024 Moparts Forums