Moparts

YEAR ONE BUMPERS

Posted By: Southern Wolf

YEAR ONE BUMPERS - 02/25/12 07:43 PM

Year One bumpers, are they good quality or not.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: YEAR ONE BUMPERS - 02/26/12 12:06 AM

You'd get a better response if you specified the type of, and year of vehicle, your looking to get bumpers for?......Year One has different vendors
Posted By: Lee446

Re: YEAR ONE BUMPERS - 02/28/12 05:01 AM

I just got one for my 70 Cuda, it is an AMD. It is OK, not great, and I don't know why they cant make them the correct thickness/weight. Can't cost that much more.
Posted By: burdar

Re: YEAR ONE BUMPERS - 02/28/12 05:04 AM

Roseville sells Keystone bumpers. I've heard the 1970's fit pretty good and are nicer then the AMD's. If you have a 70-72, I'd try those. Don't get the Keystones if you have a 73-74 and plan on using the factory bumper guards.
Posted By: sogtx

Re: YEAR ONE BUMPERS - 02/29/12 03:04 AM

I saw the amd's over the summer and i would be
Embarrassed to put them on my car. Last week i saw
A VERY low mileage Unrestored car, i was shocked. The amd bumpers Were a better chrome.
I would say that i would try to get away with amd's on
A survivor style car in a heartbeat.
But for a show poodle, i would pay to have
A bumper triple chrome dipped etc or whatever they
Do that makes them mirror like. Big bucks though 700+

No clue what year one does
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: YEAR ONE BUMPERS - 02/29/12 04:30 AM

Tri-City Plating. I have a pair on the SuperBee and a pair ready to go on the SE. Very nice and they carried a lifetime warranty.
Posted By: Bull1tt

Re: YEAR ONE BUMPERS - 03/03/12 04:11 PM

Quote:

I just got one for my 70 Cuda, it is an AMD. It is OK, not great, and I don't know why they cant make them the correct thickness/weight. Can't cost that much more.

Cost vs profit! Thicker material is harder to form, the stamping dies will wear out faster. In other words, they can make a lot more thin parts before the expensive tooling needs replacing.
© 2024 Moparts Forums