Moparts

and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets

Posted By: JulesdaWiperman

and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/20/12 02:49 PM

I have used DMT products for a long while now but I was just stunned on how his gaskets
fit the parts so perfectly.
These are 69 Superbee tail lights I just finished and I could not get over how precisely the gaskets fit.
Thanks Jim

Jules

Attached picture 7081083-003.jpg
Posted By: JS29R0B

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/20/12 02:56 PM

DMT are the best
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/20/12 03:00 PM

Quote:

DMT are the best

I couldn't agree more..... I've restored two heater boxes and the kits were perfect...
Posted By: 71TA

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/20/12 03:30 PM

Thanks for the props Jules, guys. I'm humbled cause Jules' work is JAW DROPPING. A true craftsman and artisan!
Posted By: PAINT IT BLACK

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/20/12 04:18 PM

I have used two tail light gasket kits and a heater box kit from DMT and YES... VERY NICE.
Posted By: 1MYTGTX

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/20/12 04:28 PM

Wish they were around when I was actively restoring my Charger
Posted By: demon

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/20/12 05:34 PM

Quote:

I have used DMT products for a long while now but I was just stunned on how his gaskets
fit the parts so perfectly.
These are 69 Superbee tail lights I just finished and I could not get over how precisely the gaskets fit.
Thanks Jim

Jules

I too totally agree. Detroit Muscle Technogies gaskets are the ultimate! Only brand I use on my restos...... And Jules D'addio- he's the ultimate too! Always impressed with his wiper motors and service!
The restoration world needs more guys like this.
Posted By: NOrrTH

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/20/12 11:54 PM

I've bought lots of DMT gaskets from a complete Air Grabber set up to fender turn signals, splash guards, etc etc HIGHLY recommended.

Cant wait to see my wiper set up which Jules is doing right now.
Posted By: Chally426

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/21/12 12:37 AM

Do you only do Mopars..I just finished up a convert. mustang and the gaskets were all junk..
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/21/12 12:44 AM

Quote:

Do you only do Mopars..I just finished up a convert. mustang and the gaskets were all junk..

Jim has been expanding into other makes.. The problem is gonna be so many vendors already have their sources for gaskets & while Jim's products are top notch he isn't and shouldn't be the cheapest... Unfortunately many buyers see price as the most important factor.. And the vendors know that very well...

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/21/12 04:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Jim has been expanding into other makes.. The problem is gonna be so many vendors already have their sources for gaskets & while Jim's products are top notch he isn't and shouldn't be the cheapest... Unfortunately many buyers see price as the most important factor.. And the vendors know
that very well...

True, and completly understand...but boy, were those mustang gaskets junk...

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/21/12 04:20 AM

I'm doing a bunch of AMC gaskets and heater box kits. I'll actually probably attend a couple AMC shows this year.

Ford gaskets are very similar to Mopars and I've been dabbling in those. Have a few heater box kits. Kinda working on some fringe stuff; Mavericks, Galaxies, Lincolns, etc.

Chevy gaskets - there's a local guy thats an early Camaro resto guru. He actually is a contributor of one of those Camaro resto bible type books. I met him cause he also has a 67 Charger. He told me that the Charger gaskets were SO GOOD that I should do Camaro stuff. I said everyone does Camaro gaskets. He said I know but they are all crap. He agreed most Chevy guys are spoiled by the low price stuff but because it's such a large market that even if I got a piece of it doing premium gaskets it'd be worth it. I bought a few parts and what I see are many gaskets that look like the rubbery stuff similar to the toy from my childhood, Gobblty Goop Maker. It's like some rubber, silicone like material was sloppily poured in a shaped mold. Air bubbles and all. Not sure HOW I would duplicate those accurately. I know all the Chevy gaskets made now are just die cut from sheet stock which isn't correct. I don't want to do it if I can make them accurately so I'll probably stick with Mopar, AMC and some Ford for now. Corvettes are another area I've been approached on.
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/21/12 04:24 AM

I'm doing a bunch of AMC gaskets and heater box kits. I'll actually probably attend a couple AMC shows this year.

Thank you so much for making the AMC gaskets!! I've used DMT's gaskets on all my cars and have always been impressed. Thank you Jim!

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/21/12 04:26 AM

Quote:

Where'd you get your gaskets?

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/21/12 02:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Where'd you get your gaskets?

I just bought them from a couple mustang supply houses,
Mustangs Unlimited
K.A.R. Mustang
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/21/12 02:55 PM

Any plans to make carburetor kits and gasket sets?
Posted By: moparo

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/22/12 04:24 AM

Jules

I agree DMTs products are precise, but you need to be more messy with the glue.
Posted By: JulesdaWiperman

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/22/12 02:16 PM

Mauro I will make sure yours are really mess up!
Jules
Posted By: WH23H6

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/25/12 01:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Jim has been expanding into other makes.. The problem is gonna be so many vendors already have their sources for gaskets & while Jim's products are top notch he isn't and shouldn't be the cheapest... Unfortunately many buyers see price as the most important factor.. And the vendors know that very well...

Its funny how the cars restored with only the price in mind always stick out....cutting costs really shows to the trained eye as well as the not so trained!!
Posted By: 72N96RR

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/25/12 05:26 PM

x100..Jims customer service is second to none and every product I have used so far worked perfectly and is of the highest quality...
Posted By: 72N96RR

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/25/12 05:28 PM

The best thing we can all do to help out is to send Jim gaskets we want reproduced...
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: and this is why everyone should use DMT gaskets - 02/25/12 09:18 PM

Quote:

I have used two tail light gasket kits and a heater box kit from DMT and YES... VERY NICE.

same here,used him for my 70 runner
© 2024 Moparts Forums