Moparts

Wiring Harness Question

Posted By: Omni Source 1

Wiring Harness Question - 12/29/11 02:02 AM

Good Evening All and Happy New Year.
Looking for a wiring harness (Mopar Part Number 3513510). This is a 'jumper' harness that was used on tilt column B Bodies (1971) to connect the tilt column to the main dash harness.
I've contacted M&H (supplier for Year One) and apparently they either have no clue or do not produce this harness.
Evans wiring does not produce anything for the dash/steering column.
New/Used (servicable) not fussy. Just need one to complete the installation.
All replies welcomed.
Thanks to all.
Omni
Posted By: az426john

Re: Wiring Harness Question - 12/30/11 09:57 PM

This may be a bumb question, but did you ask they if they would be willing to make one using your existing one as a template?

There are times when vendors will not say no to a specific question even if they do not normally reproduce a specific item.

Just a thought.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Wiring Harness Question - 12/30/11 11:13 PM

if hitting a junk yard isn't in the cards maybe you could take your wiring diagram over to NAPA, collect the right colored wires and terminals and make one yourself?
Posted By: Omni Source 1

Re: Wiring Harness Question - 12/31/11 03:03 AM

Good Evening
M&H will produce one, provided I send them a core. They do not have the original prints. Problem is, I do not have a core. I'm converting a non-tilt wheel car to a tilt wheel.
I have no problem fabricating one (lots of scrap harness from scraping cars). What I do not have is the 'plug' for the bottom of the tilt column.
Thanks for the replies
Happy New Year
Omni
© 2024 Moparts Forums