Moparts

Fixing a Rallye Center cap.

Posted By: IMGTX

Fixing a Rallye Center cap. - 12/04/11 04:59 PM

I had a Rallye Center Cap come loose and would wiggle in the rim. I took it off applied Red Locktite and put it back on. 2 months later it's loose again.

Any good suggestions on fixing them? Not a lot of metal in those pot metal standoffs.

Thanks
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Fixing a Rallye Center cap. - 12/04/11 05:21 PM

JB Weld or some other epoxy down in the threaded holes, screw em together and let, the epoxy harden.
Posted By: MPerry

Re: Fixing a Rallye Center cap. - 12/04/11 05:30 PM

I'll 2nd the epoxy idea. Iwould let the epoxy dry before screwing it together though.
Posted By: express

Re: Fixing a Rallye Center cap. - 12/04/11 06:25 PM

Use a product called Form A Thread, I think Permatex makes it .Works great.
Posted By: duster2

Re: Fixing a Rallye Center cap. - 12/05/11 12:01 AM

Heli Coil is the way I fix them , you need a 1/4 20 kit , with the drill bit , tap , inserts and installer. Fixes them for good.

Frank
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Fixing a Rallye Center cap. - 12/05/11 12:24 AM

a couple of pieces of stranded copper wire works good too
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Fixing a Rallye Center cap. - 12/07/11 03:45 AM

Quote:

Heli Coil is the way I fix them , you need a 1/4 20 kit , with the drill bit , tap , inserts and installer. Fixes them for good.

Frank

I didn't think there was enough metal for that but you should know.

It has 5 stands and two are stripped out while the other 3 will tighten they will not stay that way (even with locktite) so I will start with the helicoil and work up to the form a thread.

If they were the normal centers I have spares but these are the ones with the centers that pop out and I want to keep the set matched.

Thanks again
© 2024 Moparts Forums