Moparts

DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS???

Posted By: Labratt

DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 12:26 AM

Dropped the GTX off at my painter's shop today,and we were discussing the hinges being weak,and the door/quarter panel not lining up very well. My question to you guys is..who sells a quality pin & bushings kit..at a reasonable price, to replace the worn out originals? Also..I'd like to thank Mike Rafferty(Mr. P-Body)for taking the time to help me deliver it...and the use of his truck,as well! Thanks,Raff! Brador's
Posted By: a493demon

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 01:00 AM

i think help has them .i have a kit from them and have not got around to doing it yet so can't tell you how well it work's.and at the moment i don't even know where it is lol . brad
Posted By: a493demon

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 01:07 AM

guess you will have to figure out the size of pin but here is a line. brad http://www.dormanproducts.com/gsearch.aspx?type=keyword&q=door+hinge+pin+kit
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 01:35 AM

I just drilled the hinges oversize and used bolts with lock nuts. But mine is a race car even though the doors are still steel.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 01:45 AM

sounds like you may have some body flex going on.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 01:48 AM

Quote:

sounds like you may have some body flex going on.

Its not that Tony... just OLD worn out hinge bushings
Posted By: bonefish

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 02:12 AM

did i miss the thread where you decided on a color
Posted By: rickraw

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 03:45 AM

i bought a kit at advance auto parts. worked fine. i think that snakeoil guy has greaseable hinges too. saw the add in moparmuscle. $$$. stay safe, seeya.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 03:57 AM

Quote:

i bought a kit at advance auto parts. worked fine. i think that snakeoil guy has greaseable hinges too. saw the add in moparmuscle. $$$. stay safe, seeya.

Does their kit have nice bronze bushings that had to
be driven in.... some have little junk things that
you push in with your thumb
Posted By: rickraw

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 06:04 AM

my hinges were already rebushed when i got my car mr.p. i used thread locker & pressed them in. alot depends if the hole is oblonged. their bushings are bronze. stay safe, seeya.
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 12:18 PM

NAPA carries a variety:
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result...mp;Dp=3&N=0

You just need to know what length and diameter you need.
Posted By: BDW

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 01:58 PM

PN 38382

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 06:00 PM

Thanks,Wilson! I'll have to check the HELP section out at Advance or O'Reilly's out this week! BTW..looking at that rust-encrusted hinge that Dave Young's installing new bushings in..wouldn't you think he would have at least sand-blasted and painted them? Just sayin'!

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 06:19 PM

Al,to answer your COLOR question...I've decided to keep it the factory F-5 GREEN. It is a nice green,especially with gold metal flake in it! My X was 3 shades of green,with the only NICE representation of the color being the driver side rear quarter! Also,it was only a single-stage paint job...hastily done just to sell it,I'm sure! FINALLY,the GTX will get the paint job it deserves....after ALL these years!

Attached picture 6950229-GTXONTRAILER006.jpg
Posted By: bonefish

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 09:22 PM

Quote:

Al,to answer your COLOR question...I've decided to keep it the factory F-5 GREEN. It is a nice green,especially with gold metal flake in it! My X was 3 shades of green,with the only NICE representation of the color being the driver side rear quarter! Also,it was only a single-stage paint job...hastily done just to sell it,I'm sure! FINALLY,the GTX will get the paint job it deserves....after ALL these years!

GOOD CALL

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/04/11 10:37 PM

Thanks,Al! BTW...you can see my GTX in action on You Tube..at Randy B's 440 GTX. There's 3-4 videos from the track on there. Take care! Randy
Posted By: badblack68

Re: DOOR HINGE REBUILD KITS??? - 12/05/11 02:18 AM

We`ve sold tons of these kits with no complaints.
http://pepsparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=280004
© 2024 Moparts Forums