Moparts

A Coolant recovery

Posted By: racincuda

A Coolant recovery - 11/29/11 04:52 AM

I wanted to ad a stock appearing coolant recovery bottle to my 2nd gen A body, so im wunduring wat others hav used ??

Got any pics to share along w/make & model it came out of ?
Posted By: Azzkikrcuda

Re: A Coolant recovery - 11/29/11 05:32 AM

Late 80's early 90's Mazda B2000 pickup has a nice small coolent bottle and bracket.

Attached picture 6941353-Newradiator012.jpg
Posted By: can.al

Re: A Coolant recovery - 11/29/11 03:34 PM

...just sent you a pm
very simple and clean install.
put it on moparts if you like
Posted By: Hotwheelsjr

Re: A Coolant recovery - 11/30/11 01:55 PM

IIRC, this was just a universal one from Checker Auto parts -- cost like 10 bucks.

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: A Coolant recovery - 11/30/11 02:05 PM

Make sure you change caps to the recovery style cap
Posted By: DennisH

Re: A Coolant recovery - 11/30/11 02:28 PM

Why. Don't need 'em. I carry an empty water bottle for track Tech.
Posted By: rbstroker

Re: A Coolant recovery - 11/30/11 02:49 PM

I also wanted a stock appearing recovery bottle for my '65 Coronet. I used the stock windshield washer bottle in the stock location. Just had to change the radiator cap to a recovery type.
Posted By: racincuda

Re: A Coolant recovery - 11/30/11 03:24 PM

Thanks for th pics guys, Im gonna try to get to a local s yard friday and take a look , that bottle from the B2000 might work, I was hoping that I could find one that would fit underneath my stock horns on th core support
Oh and I do hav the correct cap but thanks for the reminder Mr P
Posted By: Hoop

Re: A Coolant recovery - 12/01/11 08:10 PM

I wonted to do the same thing, but hears what I went with!

Attached picture 6945464-DSCN0839.JPG
Posted By: topside

Re: A Coolant recovery - 12/01/11 10:12 PM

Attachment not working, Hoop.
A guy on Ebay sells the ones like the Checker/Schucks/Kragen bottle posted for about $6.00; it attached to my '64 Savoy without even drilling a hole.
I've seen some pretty funny ones: modified beer cans, etc.
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: A Coolant recovery - 12/01/11 10:38 PM

I had a billet one from BeCool on both my 70s....my 69...I have a vacuum tank converted over to recovery. Blends in better behind the grill
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: A Coolant recovery - 12/01/11 11:21 PM

Quote:

Attachment not working, Hoop.
A guy on Ebay sells the ones like the Checker/Schucks/Kragen bottle posted for about $6.00; it attached to my '64 Savoy without even drilling a hole.
I've seen some pretty funny ones: modified beer cans, etc.

I have run a few 32oz beer cans on the old 68Dart,then went to a 2 liter coke bottle

been looking for something under the hood of the 440 truck,thinking a wiskey bottle this time
Posted By: topside

Re: A Coolant recovery - 12/01/11 11:36 PM

I have a leftover Jameson's bottle...but NHRA may not like glass...
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: A Coolant recovery - 12/01/11 11:43 PM

A nice big Fosters beer can, taped to the inner fender
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: A Coolant recovery - 12/02/11 12:57 AM

You said stock appearing...so....if you have a windshield wash bottle in your car, and you don't really use it....CONVERT it!
I did that with my 70 Cuda. Looks VERY stock, and it now a fully functional recovery tank.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: A Coolant recovery - 12/02/11 12:59 AM

Quote:

a 2 liter coke bottle

X2 5+ years now, ran the hose thru a hole in the cap to the bottom
Posted By: BDW

Re: A Coolant recovery - 12/02/11 01:05 AM

Quote:

You said stock appearing...so....if you have a windshield wash bottle in your car, and you don't really use it....CONVERT it!
I did that with my 70 Cuda. Looks VERY stock, and it now a fully functional recovery tank.

I'd like to see a pic of that. Isn't the wiper bottle on the opposite side of where the vent tube exits the radiator, tricky tube routing?
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: A Coolant recovery - 12/02/11 01:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I'd like to see a pic of that. Isn't the wiper bottle on the opposite side of where the vent tube exits the radiator, tricky tube routing?

I'll dig up a pic, the puke tube WAS on the opposite side. I rotated it 180 degrees (torch and solder) so it exits to the passenger side.
© 2024 Moparts Forums