Moparts

85 5th ave y-pipe question.

Posted By: 70dart360

85 5th ave y-pipe question. - 11/28/11 02:48 AM

My girlfriend just inherited a sweet 85 5th avenue. Did the brakes and got her purring. It has the stinking converters on the y-pipe right at the manifolds and the passenger side is clogged up and glowing. Found a new y but it says canadian emissions only. We dont have emissions here and the new pipe has no converters. Any reason that pipe wouldnt replace the one on it with the converters? Its a walker part # 40430 if that helps, Thx.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: 85 5th ave y-pipe question. - 11/28/11 02:54 AM

Quote:

My girlfriend just inherited a sweet 85 5th avenue. Did the brakes and got her purring. It has the stinking converters on the y-pipe right at the manifolds and the passenger side is clogged up and glowing. Found a new y but it says canadian emissions only. We dont have emissions here and the new pipe has no converters. Any reason that pipe wouldnt replace the one on it with the converters? Its a walker part # 40430 if that helps, Thx.

As long as it has the ball flanges it should work
and it should terminate at the right point
EDIT
You might need a adapter to hook up to the under floor
pipe(different sizes)... if I remember the Y came
out with a 2 1/2 pipe and into the under floor cat
then out of the cat with 2 1/4

Re: 85 5th ave y-pipe question. - 11/28/11 03:03 AM

Thanks MrP. Exact some flanges and everything. Aint to much worried about the outlet size difference, I can handle that. I figured it would bolt right in, just kinda wanted a few more opinions.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: 85 5th ave y-pipe question. - 11/28/11 06:59 AM

I have just removed the guts in the cats and reuse the y with empty cat shells before.

but that non-cat y-pipe is a good replacement also.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: 85 5th ave y-pipe question. - 11/28/11 04:49 PM

Where did you order and receive that Y-pipe from. I might add one to my new Dip.

Re: 85 5th ave y-pipe question. - 11/28/11 04:55 PM

Its readily available. Advance, O'reilleys Autozone etc can get it. Summit it even shows it. Take a couple days and an extra $7 shipping. Any muffler shop should be able to order it too,
© 2024 Moparts Forums