Moparts

STOCK VALVE COVERS CLEAR ROLLER ROCKERS?

Posted By: mopar rookie

STOCK VALVE COVERS CLEAR ROLLER ROCKERS? - 11/26/11 01:07 AM

I'm gonna start collecting parts for my engine build. If I run Harland Sharp roller rockers will they clear the stock valve covers? My motor will be a maxwedge clone and want the stock look. Also has anyone tried the repop AMD valve covers yet. Thanks
Posted By: LaRoy Engines

Re: STOCK VALVE COVERS CLEAR ROLLER ROCKERS? - 11/26/11 01:42 AM

I had to radius the outside corners of the end rockers on the pushrod ends to keep them from hitting the stock valve covers.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: STOCK VALVE COVERS CLEAR ROLLER ROCKERS? - 11/26/11 02:37 AM

I had to gut the baffles on my 70 factory BB valve covers to clear my 1.6 roller rockers
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: STOCK VALVE COVERS CLEAR ROLLER ROCKERS? - 11/26/11 05:03 AM

Couldn't someone fabricate a spacer plate of appropriate thickness to space the stock valve cover up enough to clear? Essentially, the plate would look like the valve cover gasket, only 3/8-1/2" thick?
Posted By: topside

Re: STOCK VALVE COVERS CLEAR ROLLER ROCKERS? - 11/26/11 05:53 AM

I've thought of the spacer plate, too; maybe I can get some cut. Let me know if you're interested. If there's a market for them, so much the better (and cheaper).
On my Eddy-head, HS 1.6 roller/stock cover motor, I had to chamfer the outermost corners of the rocker shaft hold-downs, and dimple the baffles with a ball-peen, using the thicker cork gaskets.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: STOCK VALVE COVERS CLEAR ROLLER ROCKERS? - 11/26/11 08:01 AM

IIRC, the old MP tall chrome valve cover fit many roller rocker applications.

This is Troy Bray's old Duster he built that recently was on Pinks with the new owner...

Attached picture 6936676-troys-engine-1.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums