Moparts

plugging a fuel line

Posted By: new bee

plugging a fuel line - 10/09/08 03:21 PM

What's the best way to plug a fuel line? (answer: Arco gas).
No, really.
The gas tank in my Super Bee has an extra line coming off of it. We put a rubber vacuum plug on it, and I believe the gas ate it up, creating a leak.
So, what's the best way to cap that thing off? I was told to use a small section of fuel line and put a screw or bolt in one end, while clamping the other end to the tank.
Is there a better way to do this?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: plugging a fuel line - 10/09/08 03:49 PM

Quote:

No, really.
The gas tank in my Super Bee has an extra line coming off of it. We put a rubber vacuum plug on it, and I believe the gas ate it up, creating a leak.
So, what's the best way to cap that thing off? I was told to use a small section of fuel line and put a screw or bolt in one end, while clamping the other end to the tank.

i used the fuel line/ bolt method
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: plugging a fuel line - 10/09/08 04:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No, really.

i used the fuel line/ bolt method

fuel line bolt and clamp. I guess you are talking about plugging the return line????
Posted By: new bee

Re: plugging a fuel line - 10/09/08 04:52 PM

I think it's a return line. I'm not entirely sure. It's a line with a flanged end coming out of the front of the tank. We capped it off, but a few weeks later the cap was split and gas was leaking out.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: plugging a fuel line - 10/09/08 10:18 PM

DO NOT EVER use these caps for plugging a fuel line, vent, unpressurized, or not. First, they DO deteriorate. Second they DO come off. One winter day, with a bunch of snow and ice on the hood, and already close to late, I started the (then) 340 Landcruiser only to have one of those pop off the PCV connection on the AFB, thus causing a huge vacuum leak which I could not get to right away.

Use quality hose and clamps and some sort of plug --if you use a bolt, use one long enough that it has an unthreaded area, and clamp up on the smooth section, or else cut off the threads.
© 2024 Moparts Forums