Moparts

Let's see your homemade floor jack transmission cradles

Posted By: copper67440

Let's see your homemade floor jack transmission cradles - 11/10/11 06:56 PM

I dug mine out and thought that there has to be alot of them out there. Let's see them maybe I can improve mine.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Let's see your homemade floor jack transmission cradles - 11/10/11 07:00 PM

I just made a flat plate that drops into the saddle hole that is the size of the trans pan with a piece of angle on 3 sides to keep it from sliding off, works for now.

I'm going to try to score a used motorcycle jack to make my next one since I can't get the trans out from under the car on the jack .
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Let's see your homemade floor jack transmission cradles - 11/11/11 01:28 AM

I bought one a long time ago that works the same way, its basicaly a flat piece of steel with 3 sides a couple inches high and a post on the bottom to go into the floor jack hole. Its definetly a life/time saver, I think it might be made by TCI.
Posted By: Shoozy

Re: Let's see your homemade floor jack transmission cradles - 11/11/11 02:35 AM

Quote:

I just made a flat plate that drops into the saddle hole that is the size of the trans pan with a piece of angle on 3 sides to keep it from sliding off, works for now.

I'm going to try to score a used motorcycle jack to make my next one since I can't get the trans out from under the car on the jack .

Same thing I fabbed only I added a pair of 2" velcro straps to keep the trans from moving off the jack until I wanted it to. Works great for using up some scrap.
Posted By: mopfried

Re: Let's see your homemade floor jack transmission cradles - 11/11/11 03:12 AM

I dont have a picture of it but, I used a flat piece of steel with a pin welded to it on the bottom. On the top I welded a 3 foor section if 3/16x 2-1/2 angle iron about 36 inches long. lay a thick rag on it and set a door on it and one man can install a door. Made one for my son to use in the body shop..

duh, I re-read the post and saw it says TRANSMISSION... oh well

© 2024 Moparts Forums