Moparts

07 caravan brakes sticking

Posted By: MattW

07 caravan brakes sticking - 11/02/11 01:30 PM

I need help. The rear driver side brake caliper sticks intermittently. Changed the caliper and no the pads are not sticking. The caliper is also used. The van has only 50K on it. I am at a lost, someone mentioned to me that water in a brake line would boil and cause the caliper to stick. It just happen this morning not even 2 minute of driving on its 0 degrees Celsius.
Posted By: Todd

Re: 07 caravan brakes sticking - 11/02/11 05:36 PM

I dont think I would have messed around with a used caliper. Make sure that the pads slide in the braket and the slide pins on the braket if ok go get a NEW caliper. Advance Auto sells them for 40 bucks.
Posted By: patrick

Re: 07 caravan brakes sticking - 11/02/11 05:42 PM

ok, grammar police...CALIPER CALIPER....P not B

now that I got that out of my system...yes, I'd go with a new/reman vs. used...

if it's the same side with the used caliPER, I'd look to see if there's a swollen brake hose to it, that can cause calPERS to stick...also make sure the drum-in-hat parking brake isn't hanging up...
Posted By: MattW

Re: 07 caravan brakes sticking - 11/02/11 06:57 PM

Quote:

ok, grammar police...CALIPER CALIPER....P not B

now that I got that out of my system...yes, I'd go with a new/reman vs. used...

if it's the same side with the used caliPER, I'd look to see if there's a swollen brake hose to it, that can cause calPERS to stick...also make sure the drum-in-hat parking brake isn't hanging up...

Thanks for the grammar lesson. To think I did that 3 times. It hard to type something on this phone with the auto correction on.
I will look at the hose.
PS its spelling not grammar
Posted By: 70Duster

Re: 07 caravan brakes sticking - 11/03/11 02:16 AM

If you replaced the caliper and it still sticks, even if the hose looks ok, replace it anyway.
© 2024 Moparts Forums