Moparts

Msd 6al Digital

Posted By: Beep Beep

Msd 6al Digital - 10/28/11 03:26 AM

Can someone tell me if I wired this correctly. I installed an msd 6al box, I hooked up the thin red wire to the ignition 1 terminal on the ballast resistor. This connector had one blue wire, and I jointed the red to the blue and left it on the ballast resistor.

The other side of the ballast resistor is ignition 2 and it has a blue and brown wire on it. I left that alone. I know it works but if the resistor burns out will the car run?
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Msd 6al Digital - 10/28/11 03:33 AM

bypass resistor.
Posted By: joedust451

Re: Msd 6al Digital - 10/28/11 04:01 AM

Like said, bypass the ballast completely, I run a 10* jumper wire.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Msd 6al Digital - 10/28/11 03:52 PM

Also, if not done already, run a heavy red wire from your alternator, directly to your starter relay, or where your MSD 12 v is placed. It not only will ensure high voltage to your MSD, it will not push all the voltage through your firewall stock wiring. You probably have already done this. Just wanted to mention it. Good luck

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=msd+...amp;FORM=IDFRIR
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Msd 6al Digital - 10/28/11 08:03 PM

Quote:

Like said, bypass the ballast completely, I run a 10* jumper wire.

as stated, ballast is not required with multi-spark, the coil never has time to heat up enough. to relieve future problems take it totally out of the eguation. alot of guys who want to retain a somewhat stock look dig out the filler in the back of the ballast an run a #10 wire jumper from terminal to terminal.
Posted By: Beep Beep

Re: Msd 6al Digital - 10/29/11 12:56 AM

Let me understand this better. I want to keep the factory look so I can just leave the wires on the ballast resistor and jumper both terminals with 10 gauge wire.
© 2024 Moparts Forums