Moparts

Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto?

Posted By: ramman5600

Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 03:19 AM

Also any recommendations on best brand for quality and cost balance along with sound.

Thanks
-C
Posted By: Lee446

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 03:30 AM

You don't need more than 2.5 and would be a touch faster with it, over a 3" system. Most folks around here just like loud and would say 3". I would run Dynomax super turbo's for a nice tone along with an x pipe. If you just want loud, run 3" and some Flow*astards and impress the drive in crowd.

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 03:35 AM

Looking for good sound not annoying. Do you know anyone other than TTI that makes a kit to connect to stock manifolds?

-C
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 03:36 AM

on my 71RR, I ran headers,21/2 pipe and SuperTraps.. sounded great, no probs

as said 21/2 is plenty for a 383..
Posted By: lahatte

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 03:47 AM

You might look at http://www.accurateltd.com/
Posted By: MoparMarq

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 04:08 AM

FWIW, when I talked to tech at TTI, he said the cutoff between recommending 2.5" and 3" system is generally 475HP.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 04:39 AM

Yup for a stock 383, 2.5 is just fine. Any bigger will just be louder and may even cost you a little bottom end power.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 04:47 AM

I say find a local gearhead exhaust shop and have them bend up a 2.5 system. No reason to donate $$$$$ to TTI when you can get a full custom system made local. You are in MI, shouldn't be hard to find a guy.
Posted By: Pale_Roader

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 12:13 PM

Quote:

I say find a local gearhead exhaust shop and have them bend up a 2.5 system. No reason to donate $$$$$ to TTI when you can get a full custom system made local. You are in MI, shouldn't be hard to find a guy.

Thats a bad idea. You will save money, well... you MAY save money, but it WILL be slower and less efficient. The local guy, like pretty much every other local guy with a press bender will likely make a mess out ov things and charge you for gold. A 2 1/2" pipe on some ov the more extreme kinks will be bent down to close to 2" in some parts... which means you'll be essentially running a 2" to 2 1/4" system... which is way too small for a 383.

Press bends are obsolete... out with the $12 glasspacks and sheetmetal header flanges. Mandrel systems are getting pretty cheap... cheaper than local shops press-bend systems most ov the time.

To the original poster - the quality should be comparable across the board, cost is something you'll have to shop around for, and sound... sounds is something YOU have to decide. Its a personal thing. If you need to hear the different mufflers, spend an hour on YouTube and you can find pretty much any combo ov car, engine size, muffler, etc. I like Spintech or Borla. Magnaflow flow very well, and are quiet if you like mild, but i personally dont care for the sound. Flowmasters sound good (i think) but dont flow all that well, and can be found on every second car with a license plate...

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 02:55 PM

You must live in a real backwoods place if you can't find a guy w/ a mandrel bender. We even have them here in the middle of nowhere. I did specify it had to be a gearhead place, maybe you missed that.

Those TTI systems are pretty spendy, especially compared to what I get done.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 03:11 PM

2.5" would suffice but eventually you will swap in a 451 or a 470 so might start with 3" which as said will be louder and dynomax muffs are good and additional glasspacks alongside the rear springs for resonators will quiet it more as will an X pipe system (dont know why the X pipe system works for quieter but it does). definitely mandrel bends. www.speedwaymotors.com has a nice mandrel universal 2.5" set for cheap (iirc ~$150) with swedged ends that fit together very nice. Myself I run quiet muffs with cable cutouts and by the time they hear (& realize) what I have, the money is already in the hands of a neutral third party and I'm seconds away from nailing it
Posted By: patrick

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 03:30 PM

Quote:

I'd go TTI route over local...nobody that I know of in west michigan that I know of can mandrel bend, nearest I could find was either by detroit or chicago...compression bent 3" necks down to the same cross section as mandrel bent 2 1/4" in a 90 degree bend.

and I've been dissappointed with local exhaust shops in the past, and they aren't cheap either...my last full exhaust, with me supplying the flowmaster Y, header flanges, and dynomax 17769 muffler (big single) was over $275, with ugly compression bends and sloppy welding (after I specifically told them NOT to weld the aluminized pipe), where the welds rusted out in 3 years...

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 03:35 PM

Quote:

I'd go TTI route over local...nobody that I know of in west michigan that I know of can mandrel bend, and I've been dissappointed with local exahust shops in the past, and they aren't cheap either

& same here no custom mandrel benders available
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 04:56 PM

Dynomax Super Turbos 17748 or 17749 are the closest mass market thing to Hemi mufflers, 2 1/2" in and out long body mufflers.

R.
Posted By: MoparMarq

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 06:03 PM

Quote:

I'd go TTI route over local...nobody that I know of in west michigan that I know of can mandrel bend, nearest I could find was either by detroit or chicago...compression bent 3" necks down to the same cross section as mandrel bent 2 1/4" in a 90 degree bend.

and I've been dissappointed with local exhaust shops in the past, and they aren't cheap either...my last full exhaust, with me supplying the flowmaster Y, header flanges, and dynomax 17769 muffler (big single) was over $275, with ugly compression bends and sloppy welding (after I specifically told them NOT to weld the aluminized pipe), where the welds rusted out in 3 years...

Had a local (at the time) shop in Auburn, WA do up a custom 3" system on my '01 Durango R/T. Ceramic-coated headers to a Y-pipe through a 3" cat to a Magnaflow muff and out the back. All in the factory location, using factory hangers, and all mandrel-bent. Real nice work. Stan's Headers in Auburn, WA, FWIW. All welded together. But, it was NOT CHEAP. All tolled, I could have purchased TWO TTI setups for my RR with what I spent.

The 3" TTI on the RR was not cheap either, but I was able to put it together myself on the car in the garage, and it fit perfect. No hassles. I'd do TTI again with no hesitation.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 07:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Had a local (at the time) shop in Auburn, WA do up a custom 3" system on my '01 Durango R/T. Ceramic-coated headers to a Y-pipe through a 3" cat to a Magnaflow muff and out the back. All in the factory location, using factory hangers, and all mandrel-bent. Real nice work. Stan's Headers in Auburn, WA, FWIW. All welded together. But, it was NOT CHEAP. All tolled, I could have purchased TWO TTI setups for my RR with what I spent.

The 3" TTI on the RR was not cheap either, but I was able to put it together myself on the car in the garage, and it fit perfect. No hassles. I'd do TTI again with no hesitation.

I'd much rather pay TTI for the absolute best pipes in the country and install it myself. What ever extra it cost I'm gonna save by not taking my car to someone's shop and have them and there customers lean all over it and have them test drive it, NO THANKS.

I have had TTI for over 10 years now on my 340 car and they sound great, everyone looks and gives me the thumbs up!
My 440 car has 3" TTI on it and I kinda wish I would have gone 2.5 so it would be quiter but it runs great. Dynomax super turbos on both cars and like I said, EVERYONE asks about the exhaust. It has been the best money I ever spent on exhaust and one system is 11 years old. Drove the hell out of it this weekend.
Posted By: dOOc

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 07:22 PM

Quote:

Also any recommendations on best brand for quality and cost balance along with sound.

Thanks
-C

MY VOTE is 2 1/4 ...material is cheaper PLUS you could have it done in SS that way ... for almost the cost of regular 2 1/2.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 07:30 PM

Go big now to be ready for future upgrades. My TTI system has been on for about 10 years now. No regrets.

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 08:00 PM

Wow! You guys are sure limited on exhaust options then. My only complaint on my local guy is that he is a Chevy guy.
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/24/11 09:13 PM

- 2 1/2" is way more than enough; I wouldn't consider 3" unless I had well over 500hp

- I agree with the TTI stuff being worth the $$$. Fit perfect, thick flanges, nice mandrel bends.....put it in myself in an afternoon

- I like the Dynamax Ultraflows; they are very low restriction, don't drone and sound nice IMO.

Dave
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/25/11 07:28 PM

Love my TTi 2.5" X Pipe system!!
Excellent fit, easy install and quality hangers. The sound is great IMO. It's a driver so when I have a chance to spend an hour OR more on the highway it's a pleasure to listen to. I can also hear the radio if I want

I didn't want to go to a hack shop to have someone booger weld something together so I'm glad to hear the longevity some are seeing with their TTi systems

Just a stock smogger '77 440 /auto out of a low mileage 1 ton van. People ask if I have an aftermarket cam Must be the X-Pipe

I did get a 14.91 @ nearly 92 mph out of it a couple weekends ago. There's more in it

Attached picture 6888005-DSCN0908compressed[1].JPG
Posted By: can.al

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/26/11 12:10 AM

..i agree, 2 1/4 is plenty.
..i'm not convinced mandrel bends are an improvement.
..i ve read tests that show only 12 or 15 hp increase with open headers on a 300 hp build.

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/26/11 12:26 AM

Quote:

..i agree, 2 1/4 is plenty.
..i'm not convinced mandrel bends are an improvement.
..i ve read tests that show only 12 or 15 hp increase with open headers on a 300 hp build.

300 Hp is relatively mild and 2 1/4 is probably adequate (I think that is stock size for a 383). I think you should continue your research on the value of mandrel bending as well as the combination of horsepower and torque with different exhausts. Also 15 hp is 5% of 300hp.
Posted By: MidPenMopar

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/26/11 12:50 AM

I have the full TTI long tube headers to 3 inch system out the back and man it sounds good!

Here's what it sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrvhuBVRqQk

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/26/11 01:36 AM

Quote:

I have the full TTI long tube headers to 3 inch system out the back and man it sounds good!

How about this one - do you like it and also what size pipes do you think it is running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VZJBMPVKw0

-C

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 03:58 AM

Lot's of good feedback - now what about H pipe vs X pipe?

-C

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 11:27 AM

Quote:

You must live in a real backwoods place if you can't find a guy w/ a mandrel bender. We even have them here in the middle of nowhere. I did specify it had to be a gearhead place, maybe you missed that.

You're definitely from 'someplace i'm not' then... Last i checked there was ONE mandrel bender in the entire region... including a city over 2 million people. Maybe another one has popped up since, but common they are not. And last i checked that one place was so busy building their own systems to sell they weren't interested in one-offs.

The local guy CAN cut and paste a mandrel system... I've made a few already, but that (supposedly) '$100000 machine' is a luxury we dont have. Even finding someone that can cut and paste a mandrel out ov pipe/U-bend kits is gonna be hard. From what i've seen this SIMPLE operation is utterly beyond the capacity ov most 'local guys'. The crap i have seen under cars...

Also, the last time i had a 'custom' 'HP' exhaust built by a shop (press bends) it cost me over $500 (the going rate here 15 years ago). It was the best place in town, and it was utter crap. The shop i would have preferred to go to "wont touch a Mopar" because they are impossible to do. He also said it is literally impossible to get a 3" pipe over a Mopar's axle, and if forced, will only do a 2 1/4" system. Most exhaust shops are stuck in the 70's, and will build 'HP' systems yet still assume you'll be uncorking it at the track...

2 1/4" is enough pipe for a 273 2bbl. Even the Mustang GT's in 96 went up to 2 1/2" for their 215HP 4.6L. Thats 281cid people. Why? Because it was more efficient and made more power. Even 1/4" extra pipe on a high-production car like a Mustang is gonna cost them a fortune... they wouldn't do it unless there was a good reason.

You can get good full-system mandrel 2 1/2" or 3" deals from many different manufacturers... there is NO reason to shop local. As far as i'm concerned, the local shops have made their own beds. Many ov them shouldn't even be allowed to install the pre-made systems.
Posted By: JAMESDART

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 12:34 PM

buy a cheap summit 2.5" system. when you step things up buy there cheap 3" system. the tti stuff is super nice, i have 2 sets of there headers but its hard to justify the price of the exhuast systems for what it is.
Posted By: TinCuda

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 12:36 PM

Quote:

Lot's of good feedback - now what about H pipe vs X pipe?

-C

I am kind of wondering that myself. I figure the x-pipe is better based on the fact that everyone has seemed to be going that direction. Not on any practical experiance myself. I bought a full heads to tail pipe TTI 3 inch system (headers to tips) with H-pipe for my 1971 'Cuda 440-6 project. The TTI system comes with Dynomax mufflers so that is what I am going to go with. I have the whole system still in the box.

The reason that I picked the H-pipe was that it looked more original. That was my only reason. I am curious how they will perform.

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 12:47 PM

Quote:

buy a cheap summit 2.5" system. when you step things up buy there cheap 3" system. the tti stuff is super nice, i have 2 sets of there headers but its hard to justify the price of the exhuast systems for what it is.

I understand this fully. I am not knocking it. I am only quoting your post because it is a common thought. I am not trying to single you out.

I have played around with doing things a little cheaper. Heck a built a space saver spare from cheap junk in my garage. I find that most of the time you will wish you got the good stuff or end up buying it in the end. You will have spent all that money for the good stuff plus all that money for the bad stuff that you end up replacing.

Never be afraid to buy the best stuff. You will never be disappointed and you will never have to explain to someone why you didn't.

My father used to like to say: If you are not doing it whole fast, you will be doing it half fast.

Just my two cents.

Posted By: patrick

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 01:32 PM

Quote:

2 1/4" is enough pipe for a 273 2bbl. Even the Mustang GT's in 96 went up to 2 1/2" for their 215HP 4.6L. Thats 281cid people. Why? Because it was more efficient and made more power. Even 1/4" extra pipe on a high-production car like a Mustang is gonna cost them a fortune... they wouldn't do it unless there was a good reason.

heck, out '06 dodge grand caravan with a 3.8L has a mandrel bent 2.5" single exhaust....

which, as an aside, if you can/know someone who can weld stainless, one good option for piecing together your own mandrel exhaust is to go to junkyards and pick up a couple exhaust systems from late model wrecks. basically all the chrysler products use 409 stainless, the LH's and caravans are 2.5" mandrel bent, the hemi trucks are 3" mandrel bent.

the 3" big single on my car is 409 stainless, built out of a magnaflow Y, and 3" 409 from take-off tail pipes from '98 up rams (they're 2.5" to the end of the muffler, and flare up to 3" for the tail pipe)...luckily I have a friend who at the time had access to a lift and is good at TIG welding...
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 02:17 PM

Quote:

Where do you live that there is a shop with a mandrel bender on every other corner?

I live just north of BOSTON , there is only one place I know of in a 100 mile radius and he isn't cheap. I had some exhaust work done there and it would have been cheaper to get a TTi system, except TTi doesn't make headpipes for my car, big block A body with factory exh. manifolds, and their tailpipes are not made correctly for FACTORY location, found that out after I had them installed and had to be cut and modified to fit factory muffler and rear tip location.

Nevermind mandrel benders are VERY expensive , which is why mandrel bent systems are pricy, though TTi thinks they have the market cornered and charges like they are the only game in town.
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 02:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Where do you live that there is a shop with a mandrel bender on every other corner?

I live just north of BOSTON , there is only one place I know of in a 100 mile radius and he isn't cheap. I had some exhaust work done there and it would have been cheaper to get a TTi system, except TTi doesn't make headpipes for my car, big block A body with factory exh. manifolds, and their tailpipes are not made correctly for FACTORY location, found that out after I had them installed and had to be cut and modified to fit factory muffler and rear tip location.

Nevermind mandrel benders are VERY expensive , which is why mandrel bent systems are pricy, though TTi thinks they have the market cornered and charges like they are the only game in town.

There was a company out of Canada that was selling mandrel bent header back exhaust systems for mopars. He was selling them on ebay for like $250 plus shipping.

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 02:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There was a company out of Canada that was selling mandrel bent header back exhaust systems for mopars. He was selling them on ebay for like $250 plus shipping.

Just because the company was in canada doesn't mean that is where those parts came from ....
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 02:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just because the company was in canada doesn't mean that is where those parts came from ....

John I had heart burn buying them from a foreign country too. But the guy had a muffler shop and was bending kit himself. Let me do more research if the bandwith will let me.
Posted By: dangina

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 07:17 PM

would you still recommend a 2,5" exhaust it you change the carb, intake, aftermarket cam and headers? or would u step up to a 3"?
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 08:05 PM

Quote:

would you still recommend a 2,5" exhaust it you change the carb, intake, aftermarket cam and headers? or would u step up to a 3"?

I wouldn't. My car had factory manifolds and a 3" system when i bought it, 70 440 'Cuda. Louder than hell, massive drone.
Yarded the system and sold it. Installed headers and a custom 2.5" system. Not mandrel bent but nice (a good pipe bender knows how to bend pipe without overly necking it down.).
Very nice sound now, more power and no drone.
IMO 3" systems are far more likely to drone than 2.5"

And I'll go to a GOOD exhaust shop any day. All cars are different, I want my systems "high, tight, and even" It takes a good exhaust man to do that on MY car! Not a system meant for every other 440 Cuda out there. Thats my 4 cents.
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 09:02 PM

Quote:

Not necessary; again - unless you're planning on over 500hp there is no need for a 3" system. A quality 2 1/2" is more than adequate for anything you plan on doing.

Dave
Posted By: domingo

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/28/11 09:08 PM

2.5" is plenty
Posted By: Barnabas_Kriss

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/29/11 06:58 AM

2.5" should be plenty. Most of the cars with 3" system that I have seen personally sounded horrible. Too loud and annoying sound.

I am lucky to have a local shop that does ONLY performance work and does mandrel bending. I had a 2.5" all stainless steel system built by them. Very nice work, super thick flanges, uses all factory hangers, TIG welded, muffles and resonators in factory location, and removable X-pipe with V-clamps (so clutch/transmission can be easily removed). He was done with it in a few days. The only drawback was the cost (~$2000).

Attached picture 6893467-DSC09775.jpg
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/29/11 01:31 PM

Quote:

2.5" should be plenty. Most of the cars with 3" system that I have seen personally sounded horrible. Too loud and annoying sound.

I am lucky to have a local shop that does ONLY performance work and does mandrel bending. I had a 2.5" all stainless steel system built by them. Very nice work, super thick flanges, uses all factory hangers, TIG welded, muffles and resonators in factory location, and removable X-pipe with V-clamps (so clutch/transmission can be easily removed). He was done with it in a few days. The only drawback was the cost (~$2000).

That's nice. I'm tired of screwing around with exhaust systems.

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/29/11 01:56 PM

Quote:

Mufflertech in PoCo i assume...???
Posted By: JAMESDART

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/29/11 02:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I understand this fully. I am not knocking it. I am only quoting your post because it is a common thought. I am not trying to single you out.

I have played around with doing things a little cheaper. Heck a built a space saver spare from cheap junk in my garage. I find that most of the time you will wish you got the good stuff or end up buying it in the end. You will have spent all that money for the good stuff plus all that money for the bad stuff that you end up replacing.

Never be afraid to buy the best stuff. You will never be disappointed and you will never have to explain to someone why you didn't.

My father used to like to say: If you are not doing it whole fast, you will be doing it half fast.

Just my two cents.

i build my own exhuast systems, usually pretty comparable in price to the summit stuff but i get them to fit how i want. on my dart with the 431, my headers have a 3.5" outlet, i built a 3.5" X pipe, made long 3.5 to 3" reducers into 3" ultra flows, 3" tail pipes with 12" long bullit mufflers, out into 3" stainless factory looking tips. its fairly quiet for what it is, and with the tips you dont know what size pipe it is. on my duster with the 400 i did a 3" summit x pipe because it was cheaper than making my own, i then reduced it to 2.5" into super turbos and out the back into factory looking 2.5" stainless tips. i installed one of those summit systems on a nova and it fit really good. all 16 guage tubing. mandrel bent. i would go with one of the summit systems over an exhuast shop, it isnt comparable to a tti system but it is a decent option. depending on the car there are other options out there.

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/29/11 02:45 PM

..Larry Sheppard(mopar performance engineer)says an H pipe does nothing but reduce noise.
..therefore X or H shouldn't matter.

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/29/11 02:53 PM

Quote:

..Larry Sheppard(mopar performance engineer)says an H pipe does nothing but reduce noise.
..therefore X or H shouldn't matter.

Larry also told us that the later big blocks were THINWALL castings .

The Purestock and F.A.S.T. guys wouldn't be using X pipes if they weren't worth something ... is there an echo ???

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/29/11 02:59 PM

Quote:

My take; An X system works good for noise reduction (way better than an H) along with resonators (glasspacks) of some sort along side the rear springs in addition to your other up front muff selection. Mandrel bends for sure.

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/30/11 07:41 PM

.John. Dave's F.A.S.T. RR is 700HP +
this post is for a 300 hp 383
Posted By: rapom

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/30/11 11:36 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but that 700HP FAST Road Runner is also running a 2.5 exhaust system.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 10/31/11 12:05 AM

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but that 700HP FAST Road Runner is also running a 2.5 exhaust system.

as required by the rules i think
Posted By: lahatte

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 11/08/11 06:59 AM

Just curious, no one has any experience with the Accurate Exhaust systems?

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 a - 11/08/11 10:12 AM

Quote:

That is a great sound you have there, Stu.

What size engine do you have? 440?

Posted By: MRHWS

Re: Preference - 2.5" exhaust or 3.0" on a stock 383 auto? - 11/09/11 04:37 PM

Quote:

Just curious, no one has any experience with the Accurate Exhaust systems?

Yep. 2 1/2 with hemi mufflers. They bolt right up to your factory manifolds and fit perfect. They are also offering a 15% discount right now. Unless you are going racing, 3" will only lighten your wallet and lose you low end torque.
© 2024 Moparts Forums