Moparts

rear side marker bulb holder

Posted By: silverhemiboy

rear side marker bulb holder - 10/20/11 05:48 PM

Help! I am trying to find a rear side marker bulb holder for a 68. I do not need the chrome and red round marker. I just need the bulb holder and wire that would go into the side marker. Anybody please. I just cant seem to find one.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: rear side marker bulb holder - 10/20/11 06:49 PM

68 what?

Re: rear side marker bulb holder - 10/20/11 08:16 PM

It is for a 68 RR but chargers and possibly other 68's have the same round side marker system.
Posted By: therocks

Re: rear side marker bulb holder - 10/21/11 12:18 AM

They all use the same socket.C bodys also.I had some complete NOS ones I sold.Just a reg socket for the small I believe 57 bulb.Rocky
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: rear side marker bulb holder - 10/21/11 01:10 AM

Quote:

Help! I am trying to find a rear side marker bulb holder for a 68. I do not need the chrome and red round marker. I just need the bulb holder and wire that would go into the side marker. Anybody please. I just cant seem to find one.

Available from Napa or RockAuto..

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Catalo...(P_RecType%3aA)

Just my $0.02...

Re: rear side marker bulb holder - 10/21/11 04:46 AM

Rocky thanks for the response. The problem is that I still can't obtain a correct bulb holder with one black wire coming out of it to go to the trunk wireing harness.

Re: rear side marker bulb holder - 10/21/11 04:51 AM

Sinitro thanks for the response. I looked at the catalog part you had highlighted but that one is not like the one I have. First it has two wires and second the bulb for the one I have takes a bulb that has two ears sticking out and is pressed down on the contact and then twisted so the ears hold the bulb firmly in place. I mean possibly I could make it work but was attempting to put a correct one in place to keep my silver Hemi RR stock looking. Best regards.
Posted By: therocks

Re: rear side marker bulb holder - 10/21/11 06:19 PM

They used pretty much the same holder for some small dash lights.I might have one in the garage.The wire might be cut but still can be spliced in.Rocky

Re: rear side marker bulb holder - 10/21/11 10:34 PM

Hey rocks if you can locate one I'll take it. Let me know.
© 2024 Moparts Forums