Moparts

DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF???

Posted By: Labratt

DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/19/11 04:11 AM

Does anyone know if there is such a product? I've never seen one..at least not that I'm aware of! If someone can produce a Gold-Leaf impersonation with vinyl..or knows of someone who can,please let me know! Gold Leaf with red outline...on an F-5 GTX would look good...in my humble opinion!

Attached picture 6878133-GTXONTRAILER006.jpg
Posted By: Aspen7695

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/19/11 05:03 AM

I have vinyl silver leaf on my Duster. It is readily available and I'm sure gold leaf is available as well. A shop that does vinyl signs and lettering should be able to fix you up. I had mine made here in Arizona.

Raul

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/19/11 05:08 AM

Thanks for the info,Raul! I'll check it out,locally!
Posted By: StrokerAspen

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/19/11 06:01 AM

Quote:

Does anyone know if there is such a product? I've never seen one..at least not that I'm aware of! If someone can produce a Gold-Leaf impersonation with vinyl..or knows of someone who can,please let me know! Gold Leaf with red outline...on an F-5 GTX would look good...in my humble opinion!

I can do it!

-Kenny
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/19/11 03:42 PM

I'd like to see some examples to

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/19/11 03:57 PM

Quote:

I'd like to see some examples to

I will take a picture of the sample in the book. It's amazing how many different vinyls there are to choose from.

-Kenny

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/19/11 07:00 PM

Thanks,Kenny! Looking forward to seeing some samples.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/19/11 09:28 PM

Look at Fine Line graphics. They do a lot of the stuff on the Pro cars.I think they did the gold leaf on the Mountain View Tire car that Vincent Nobile drives.

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/20/11 12:01 AM

Quote:

Thanks,Kenny! Looking forward to seeing some samples.

Alright, here are some pictures of the gold leaf samples. Does this look close to what you are thinking?

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/20/11 05:52 AM

Thanks,Kenny! Is there a process to engine-turn it? Like how "painted" gold-leaf was/is done! I'll look for some good sample pics to post tomorrow morning!

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/20/11 03:51 PM

Quote:

Thanks,Kenny! Is there a process to engine-turn it? Like how "painted" gold-leaf was/is done! I'll look for some good sample pics to post tomorrow morning!

I think I know what you mean, it looks kind of like a bunch of little moon discs bunched together. I can get that stuff too. I will get a picture of that too late this afternoon from the sample book.

-Kenny

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/20/11 03:55 PM

Like this right?

http://rggraphix.com/graphics/number_decals/engine_turn/Gold-L.gif

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/20/11 05:34 PM

EXACTLY! BTW...here's the PLYMOUTH logo,on Reid Whisnant's Pro Stock Duster..mid-70's! He had some BEAUTIFUL paint scheme's on his cars back then! SORRY for the tiny thumbnail pic!...I'll find a full-size pic,and post it!

Attached picture 6880424-REIDWHISNANT'SDUSTER.jpg

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/20/11 05:55 PM

Let's try this pic! Just the RIGHT size to go over the wheelwell opening!

Attached picture 6880457-REIDWHISNANTDUSTER4.jpg

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/20/11 09:56 PM

Kenny...this looks REAL NICE as well! One of your customer's car! This "PLYMOUTH" starts in the middle of the wheelwell opening! I LIKE it!

Attached picture 6880722-PLYMOUTHLOGOONDART.jpg

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/20/11 10:03 PM

Here's engine-turned Gold Leaf lettering at it's finest! Mike Rickett's BEAUTIFUL..restored Carlton/Hodges-built Aspen Pro Stocker! This "Beauty" is flawless! Looks MUCH BETTER in person!

Attached picture 6880732-MACOMBMISSILE@HAMLINPUB.jpg
Posted By: KY Charger

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/20/11 11:36 PM

Heck yeah they're both a beauty and would love to me her in real life

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/21/11 12:32 AM

Quote:

Kenny...this looks REAL NICE as well! One of your customer's car! This "PLYMOUTH" starts in the middle of the wheelwell opening! I LIKE it!

Haha! you bet! you must have been on our website eh?

I was thinking about this car when you mentioned the "Plymouth" Decal.

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/21/11 12:34 AM

Lance...I'm sure you would! I was at this photo-shoot with Mike. It was at a local cruise,a few yrs. ago. Forget the young gal's name...but,she was "SMOKIN'" HOT!.... Aspen??? What Aspen?

Attached picture 6880905-MACOMBMISSILEASPEN(Small).jpg
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/21/11 01:09 AM

Quote:

Here's engine-turned Gold Leaf lettering at it's finest! Mike Rickett's BEAUTIFUL..restored Carlton/Hodges-built Aspen Pro Stocker! This "Beauty" is flawless! Looks MUCH BETTER in person!

Pretty sure that's a sure-grip rear end.

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/21/11 04:44 AM

"Pretty sure that's a sure-grip rear end" Yesssir! Greg,I do believe you are correct!...with "friction modifiers"!

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/21/11 03:28 PM

Kenny..is the PLYMOUTH logo on the Dart painted on..or is it a vinyl decal that you produced? If You could make one out of vinyl..in Gold Leaf,to look like that...I WANT TWO OF THEM!...if the price is fair,of course!

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/21/11 04:05 PM

Quote:

Kenny..is the PLYMOUTH logo on the Dart painted on..or is it a vinyl decal that you produced? If You could make one out of vinyl..in Gold Leaf,to look like that...I WANT TWO OF THEM!...if the price is fair,of course!

That car looks like a Dart eh? Fun fact of the day, That is a 1965 Canadian Valiant (US Dart).

Anyway, Those are decals. I did not make them, as I was not making decals at the time those were made. I can make what you want though! I will PM for the rest of the details. Thanks!

-Kenny

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/21/11 05:36 PM

Thank You,Kenny! BTW...how do you like the Macomb Missile Pro Stock Aspen? Historic car!...Ricketts did a FANTASTIC job on it! He's truly a "Perfectionist"!

Re: DIE-CUT VINYL DECALS IN GOLD LEAF??? - 10/21/11 07:16 PM

My taste in cars lies more in the full bodied street car stuff. That being said though, This Aspen is an exception, along with a few others. I would like to see the thing flying down the track too!!

-Kenny
© 2024 Moparts Forums