Moparts

1963 bb 'engine' (metal) mount.

Posted By: b54406barrel

1963 bb 'engine' (metal) mount. - 10/13/11 10:19 PM

Ok going through boxes & boxes of stuff here for a 63 fury big block. I find several motor mounts (rectangular rubber biscuit) with 2 studs on one side & 1 stud on the other side. Is that the correct mount & same side-to-side? Secondly, what does the engine mount that bolts to the block look like? 2-3 ears with 1 or 2 holes for a stud to drop in? I don't seem to have any of those but do have ones that a bolt passes through, very similar to my rr. Pictures would be great! Thanks!
Posted By: 383man

Re: 1963 bb 'engine' (metal) mount. - 10/13/11 11:47 PM

This is the best pic I have of my drivers mount. This one is a steel mount as I run this on the drivers side and the rubber one on the pass side. It has one stud on the top that goes into the eng bracket and the 2 on the bottom go into the frame. Its kinda square as its about 1-1/2 to 2 inches thick and then about 3" x 4" in size. Hope this helps some. Ron

Posted By: b54406barrel

Re: 1963 bb 'engine' (metal) mount. - 10/14/11 01:30 AM

Thank you! It was the metal bracket that bolts to the engine block that is my 'missing link'. So it looks like it's basically a flat plate with 'ears' to attach it to the block & then 1 hole for the stud on the mount. I definitely haven't found that bracket. Yet!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 1963 bb 'engine' (metal) mount. - 10/14/11 01:37 AM

Schumacher Creative Services has them new.
Posted By: black64

Re: 1963 bb 'engine' (metal) mount. - 10/18/11 01:01 AM

Here is a pic

Attached picture 6876277-IMG_1395.jpg
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 1963 bb 'engine' (metal) mount. - 10/18/11 04:06 AM

Quote:

Thank you! It was the metal bracket that bolts to the engine block that is my 'missing link'. So it looks like it's basically a flat plate with 'ears' to attach it to the block & then 1 hole for the stud on the mount. I definitely haven't found that bracket. Yet!

It has been a long time since i put a early Bb in a early B body, I'm almost sure the missing engine bracket has a slight curve in the flat part on the bottom that the rubber mounts bolts into, it is not flat on the bottom is what I'm trying to say
© 2024 Moparts Forums