Moparts

Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again...

Posted By: roe

Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 11:23 AM

Hey guys, Im really close to pulling the trigger on this ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front-End...=item2c5fa00a8b )front suspension rebuild kit. What do you guys think? Anyone familiar with them/quality? I would have to pick up my own inner tie rods for like $11 at the local auto zone since this kit only comes with outers. So I would be all in at about $260 including the outer tie rods from the zone. As opposed to about $500 for the kit from Just Suspension or FirmFeel. Besides, dont most places end up selling parts from the same manufacturer?

thanks
roe
Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 01:20 PM

Did you try pricing out MOOG stuff at RockAuto? I think I paid about 300 bucks for stuff to do the front.

Joe

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 01:49 PM

No, not yet, but I'll go take a look at them now and price out. I came across that while looking at some turn signal NOS turn signal lenses for my car, and saw that they were not as expensive as the Just Suspension or Firm Feel stuff, only minus the tie rod ends.

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 02:00 PM

There is a 5% discount for Moparts Memebers also. Good luck.
Posted By: Tadams

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 02:02 PM

I am just about finished installing mine. I bought it from PST and it was a complete kit at a good price.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 02:18 PM

No stating of what brand (unless I missed it) & it certainly be less quality than the aforementioned $500 kits but I'd think you'd be fine w it
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 03:26 PM

Quote:

No stating of what brand (unless I missed it) & it certainly be less quality than the aforementioned $500 kits but I'd think you'd be fine w it

At least it has a lifetime warranty , Moog is outsourcing to asia now so quality won't be much better . I put a set of Moog LCA bushing in my Dart and they were surfce cracked in 4 months of very limited use , installed in September , raced it once, drove maybe 300 miles, then the car sat in my garage all winter ...

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 03:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

At least it has a lifetime warranty , Moog is outsourcing to asia now so quality won't be much better . I put a set of Moog LCA bushing in my Dart and they were surfce cracked in 4 months of very limited use , installed in September , raced it once, drove maybe 300 miles, then the car sat in my garage all winter ...

Did you go with rubber or urethane?

I priced it out and the list follows. Im looking at about $320 with all Moog stuff. If I nix the factory idler arm from the list and pick up the fast ratio pitman and idler arm from Firm Feel I'd be looking at about $570.

*Ball Joint
-Upper $14.81 ea
-Lower $37.99 ea
*Control Arm Bushings
-Upper $22.79/ kit
-Lower $9.91 ea
*Strut Rod Bushings $13.52 kit
*Tie Rod adj sleeve $14 ea
*Tie Rod Ends 9/16"
-Inner $13
-Outer $12
*Bumpstops
-Upper $5.27 ea
-Lower $5.88 ea
*Idler $35.79
*Stabilizer bar link & bushings $12
*Stabilizer bar (to k frame) bushings $6 pr
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 04:09 PM

If you're smart, you'll go with urethane bushings.
I got mine from energy suspension when i rebuilt everything on the POS Dakota.

They will last forever. Rubber never lasts.

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 04:43 PM

FWIW, none of the Moog stuff I ordered a few months back came from Asia. There were a few "Made in Mexico" pieces but most all of it said "Made in USA".

Joe
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 06:04 PM

You might look at bendix chassis instead of Moog, its the old spicer line...Tim BEP carries a kit. Tim

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 06:30 PM

Quote:

FWIW, none of the Moog stuff I ordered a few months back came from Asia. There were a few "Made in Mexico" pieces but most all of it said "Made in USA".

Joe

I'll have to dig out the box , think I still have it , last pieces I bought said "made in china" ...
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 11:53 PM

I just bought the 4 ball joints, 4 rod ends and the idler arm from NAPA for 236.00 This for a 70E. Had it all in stock. I'm told that Moog makes the NAPA stuff.?
Was all made in US.

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/06/11 11:56 PM

Was kinda bummed that my Moog lower ball joints on my 97 Dakota are shot with 90K on them. Get a lube job every 3-4K. These were 7 years ago made in US.
Maybe I'm asking to much?

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/07/11 12:53 AM

Quote:

I just bought the 4 ball joints, 4 rod ends and the idler arm from NAPA for 236.00 This for a 70E. Had it all in stock. I'm told that Moog makes the NAPA stuff.?
Was all made in US.

What was made in USA the parts or the BOX , that is something NAPA has done , Made in USA on the box , whatever inside said made elsewhere ...

Obviously not all is made outside the US but I've always boughtthe good name brand parts whenever I can , lately it's been made in china , the sad part is it is still priced like it was made here , Wagner rotors ...

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/07/11 01:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Was all made in US.

What was made in USA the parts or the BOX , that is something NAPA has done , Made in USA on the box , whatever inside said made elsewhere ...

Obviously not all is made outside the US but I've always boughtthe good name brand parts whenever I can , lately it's been made in china , the sad part is it is still priced like it was made here , Wagner rotors ...

Lower ball joints have USA cast into them.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/07/11 01:35 AM

Quote:

United Suspension of Asia ?

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/07/11 02:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

United Suspension of Asia ?

No...United Suspension of Australia. Don't you have a Chevy Citation to drive.

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/07/11 05:33 PM

Quote:

I am just about finished installing mine. I bought it from PST and it was a complete kit at a good price.

Did you go with the polygraphite kit? I like the idea of that kit, then I would just need to order the sway bar (to k frame) bushings and have at it. And I've decided against the fast ratio pitman and idler arms. For me and my car they are just unnecessary overkill and wasted money.

Right now my car is running on original rubber. I picked up some original LCA's and sway bar from u/pull a while back. I figure that a rebuilt front end, adding in a front sway bar, and a firm feel steering box will be night and day.

Anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't go with what I stated above?

thanks
roe
Posted By: dangina

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/08/11 04:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Did you go with the polygraphite kit? I like the idea of that kit, then I would just need to order the sway bar (to k frame) bushings and have at it. And I've decided against the fast ratio pitman and idler arms. For me and my car they are just unnecessary overkill and wasted money.

Right now my car is running on original rubber. I picked up some original LCA's and sway bar from u/pull a while back. I figure that a rebuilt front end, adding in a front sway bar, and a firm feel steering box will be night and day.

Anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't go with what I stated above?

thanks
roe

order the engery suspension kit from mancini racing - best price$
bought all my moog stuff on ebay for half the price from your local auto store
if you want to know what you get when you add modern suspension components on old mopars cruise :http://www.protouringmopar.com/forum.php check out the build threads to give u an idea

Posted By: TX9H6E4CUDA

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/09/11 09:59 PM

http://www.performancesuspension.com/pro...roducts_id=5918

Why don't you try this set? Its a polygraphite rebuild kit and is pretty complete. Its $290.00 plus you get a 10% discount (roughly makes it $260.00) plus free shipping. Im going this way for my superbee and previously when I posted about this company nobody gave me any static about them.

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/09/11 10:14 PM

Quote:

Why don't you try this set? Its a polygraphite rebuild kit and is pretty complete. Its $290.00 plus you get a 10% discount (roughly makes it $260.00) plus free shipping. Im going this way for my superbee and previously when I posted about this company nobody gave me any static about them.

I hadn't heard of these guys, but they look like a really good deal. Much more affordable, and leaves me money left over for other mods.

Thanks for the link
Posted By: astrobuf

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/10/11 12:24 AM

I'd advise skipping it.

I just completed a front end rebuild. All Moog bought from Rock Auto. You can't beat the quality and I've heard too many unflattering comments on most all of the non Moog stuff people have tried.

This is an immense amount of work. Don't skimp, you're going to have way too many hours in this job to do it half way.

Don't forget the tools you are going to need to pull stuff apart. Get em at Mancini's.
Astrobuf
Posted By: rapom

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/10/11 12:29 AM

I did 2 B body cars with kits from ESPO. All stuff was U.S. made with a good price. I would run rubber in the lower control arm torsion pivit area unless you like squeaks.
Posted By: TX9H6E4CUDA

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/10/11 02:03 AM

When I posted about about this place they used energy suspension bushings.
I would never run rubber bushing again, especially after the issues with modern day rubber. The whole "squeak" issue is from improper installation (need to be lubricanted with silicon type of lubricant). I know tons of old cars (gm, ford, mopar) that run poly bushings and they don't have the squeak issue because they were properly installed and lubricated.
Posted By: DGS

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/10/11 11:10 AM

Quote:

I would never run rubber bushing again, especially after the issues with modern day rubber. The whole "squeak" issue is from improper installation (need to be lubricanted with silicon type of lubricant). I know tons of old cars (gm, ford, mopar) that run poly bushings and they don't have the squeak issue because they were properly installed and lubricated.

Second that. Used the kit you mentioned and it works great. Energy suspension bushings, McQuay idler arm, tie rods were BAW. BAW? a taiwanese company...well, before some guys cry out: main customer of BAW is Federal Mogul...

reference: http://www.alibaba.com/member/baw1057.html

Anyways, I'm happy with the kit and I don't have any squeaks (lubed the bushings with the supplied teflon grease).

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/10/11 11:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Was all made in US.

Exactly! A a pair of moog tie rod ends for The POS Dakota cost me 130 bucks!

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/10/11 11:28 AM

Quote:

They come with the grease to install them. I dont know why people dont use it.

Re: Front Suspension Rebuild Kit....Again... - 10/17/11 10:11 PM

Quote:

Well I went ahead and picked up this kit. I liked everthing that I saw and heard about it. Cant wait to get back and get to knock out this front end rebuild. $261 shipped!!! Now all I need is a new pitman arm and all replaceable parts will be accounted for.
© 2024 Moparts Forums