Moparts

good press for garage?

Posted By: Wagonmaster'79

good press for garage? - 09/24/11 05:01 AM

I know Harbor Freight sells Chinese junk,but I am looking for a press to use around the garage.I wonder if you think this one would be good enough to do things like pressing in/out control arm bushings etc,just relatively light duty stuff.
Thanx
http://www.harborfreight.com/garage-shop...press-1667.html
Posted By: newem

Re: good press for garage? - 09/24/11 05:10 AM

Should be fine. I'm using a 60 gallon compressor from Harbor Freight and it's been great.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: good press for garage? - 09/24/11 06:21 AM

I'd think it'll be fine. My theory on Harbor Freight is that for garage stuff that's gonna be used a few times a year, its just fine. I'd never consider shopping there if I were a professional mechanic, and my tools were my livelyhood.

Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: good press for garage? - 09/24/11 06:28 AM

That's probably a little stronger than the rectangualr frame that I have, which is just fine. I want to replace the jack in mine with their air/hydraulic unit, though. One of these days, but I've had mine for a long time (maybe more than ten years) and it still works great.
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: good press for garage? - 09/24/11 06:29 AM

I use the other style 12 ton Harbour Freight hydraulic press for doing lots of work, that you describle what you need it for.
For the price it's a good shop press.
I'm sure you will be happy with it, if you decide to purchase one.
Posted By: crlush

Re: good press for garage? - 09/24/11 12:33 PM

I saw a coupon for the 20ton press (thats what I have and works great) for another 20 bucks.
Posted By: Strawdawg

Re: good press for garage? - 09/24/11 02:01 PM

My HB press works well for pressing out the usual stuff. Catch it on sale, and/or use a coupon and save some money.
© 2024 Moparts Forums