Moparts

Can someone run me through adjusting the kickdown?

Posted By: Badge

Can someone run me through adjusting the kickdown? - 09/18/11 08:27 PM

I have a 360 motor and 727 trans out of a mid 70's dodge van. It came with the stock kickdown rod. It is attached at the transmission with a cotter pin to a separate arm that moves parallel to the trans. It swings from front to back. I have a high rise intake and a carter AFB. The carburetor has provision for attaching a kickdown to the lower part of the throttle linkage.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Can someone run me through adjusting the kickdown? - 09/18/11 10:33 PM

is the kickdown lever that attaches to the carb the slotted kind?
Posted By: Badge

Re: Can someone run me through adjusting the kickdown? - 09/18/11 10:37 PM

yes, and it threads onto the rod to allow adjustment
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Can someone run me through adjusting the kickdown? - 09/18/11 11:00 PM

Carb wide open trans lever almost all the way to the rear.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Can someone run me through adjusting the kickdown? - 09/18/11 11:00 PM

hopefully it is running parallel to the engine........ un hook the lever from the carb, make sure the trottle is forward (idle), pull the kickdown forward and screw (or unscrew) the slotted 'head' of the lever until it just clears the lever part of your throttle linkage (the furthest back point of the slot). that should get you to a 'ballpark' area where you can take out and tweek it until you get it to down shift where you want
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Can someone run me through adjusting the kickdown? - 09/19/11 02:46 AM

Quote:

I have a 360 motor and 727 trans out of a mid 70's dodge van. It came with the stock kickdown rod. It is attached at the transmission with a cotter pin to a separate arm that moves parallel to the trans. It swings from front to back. I have a high rise intake and a carter AFB. The carburetor has provision for attaching a kickdown to the lower part of the throttle linkage.

do you have the mopar throttle adaptor on the AFB carb?

it will be needed to use the stock throttle stud that the TP linkage hooks to,and the tall intake may have to have a taller bracket and the rod to carb longer to get the correct adjustments.

can yo post any pics of the carb/stud/TP linkage rod?
© 2024 Moparts Forums