Moparts

tranny cooler lines

Posted By: newbee69

tranny cooler lines - 09/11/11 03:18 AM

Hey all,
My tranny cooler lines need replacing.
This may sound a little dumb, but I went to Autozone and they said they dont carry steel line that big...I thought that was weird.
So where do I get it? Can I only get like prebent expensive stuff? What are other options? Braided? dont want to go rubber....

Thanks
Posted By: therocks

Re: tranny cooler lines - 09/11/11 03:21 AM

You ust have some real gems working there.Every parts store I go to has up to at least 3/8 steel line.We probally bought a few thousand rolls in the 30 years I was at the shops.Rocky
Posted By: dOc !

Re: tranny cooler lines - 09/11/11 03:33 AM

Get some alum line ...

EZ install and it "cools" better.
Posted By: eightlitermopar

Re: tranny cooler lines - 09/11/11 03:47 AM

I believe in the past I have bought it from mancini or summit.

eight
Posted By: Osyman

Re: tranny cooler lines - 09/11/11 03:57 AM

5/16" 5' sections of brake line from carquest

How is it that auto stores can't stock this stuff?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: tranny cooler lines - 09/11/11 04:12 AM

I'd hit another parts house & get 2 prefabbed lengths of 5/16" steel lines w male inverted flare fittings on each end and in the "Edelman" brass fittings section (2) double female inverted flare fittings to connect the lines to the brass fittings already on the trans. As Doc said steel is hard 2 work w but you mainly just need a 90 deg bend at the trans on each line & can do it ahead of time on the vise w carefull use of the hot wrench w a small tip w just enough heat 2 make it slightly more pliable & make a wide enough radius so it does not crimp & some slight bending at the front depending on how much neoprene line you use. I.F. fittings seal on the concave/convex cone interface so give that a quick check on mockup
Posted By: 340Scamp

Re: tranny cooler lines - 09/11/11 02:43 PM

5/16 brake line is what used. Works great.
Posted By: StukaJU87

Re: tranny cooler lines - 09/11/11 11:44 PM

I bought my set brand new off ebay for like $50. They are made by Inline Tube I think. Fit perfect right out of the box.
© 2024 Moparts Forums