Moparts

Ramcharger wont run right

Posted By: derekeh

Ramcharger wont run right - 09/03/11 02:26 AM

I have an 88 Ramcharger 4x4... 318 with throttle body. Lately its been having trouble with both starting and running until it is warmed up. When I try to start it, it sometimes takes it a while before it will finally fire off. Then when it does run, it bogs down pretty badly when giving it gas until it warms up. I dont know much about these throttle bodies so any ideas on what could be wrong here?
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Ramcharger wont run right - 09/03/11 03:14 AM

codes???

hall efffect sensor in the dizzy.
Posted By: dodgeboy11

Re: Ramcharger wont run right - 09/03/11 06:47 AM

Plugged fuel filter, and/or bad fuel pump in conjunction with possible crud in the throttle body. I would try a filter first, a pump second and then rebuild the throttle body third.
Make sure if you pull the pump, that all the rubber hoses are in good shape. Seen TBI chevys with the hose right after the pump have a split in it so it was always spraying fuel right back into the tank and couldn't build proper fuel pressure. It ran a lot like you're describing. But if you get that far into it, change the pump too. Quite a bit of work to go to, not to change the pump.
Posted By: derekeh

Re: Ramcharger wont run right - 09/03/11 01:12 PM

Changed the fuel filter and man was it nasty. Im going to see if my local advance has a rebuild kit for the throttle body. Ive never rebuilt one of these but Im thinking their shouldnt be a lot to it?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Ramcharger wont run right - 09/03/11 02:26 PM

Quote:

Ive never rebuilt one of these but Im thinking their shouldnt be a lot to it?

Take a few notes if need b & maybe a pic or 2. Play it by ear
© 2024 Moparts Forums