Moparts

wide band LC-1

Posted By: can.al

wide band LC-1 - 08/22/11 06:49 PM

...tried this on the race forum where i thought sure the guys would be concerned but only got 2 responses.
..who have or do use an Innovate LC-1 or similar a/f monitor to adjust your carb?
..worthwhile?
Posted By: astjp2

Re: wide band LC-1 - 08/22/11 09:50 PM

do a search for a wideband O2, lots of info on tuning carbs. Tim
Posted By: Mr340

Re: wide band LC-1 - 08/22/11 10:04 PM

Al, I picked one up earlier the year to aid in tuning and it has been helpful. Mount it as close to direct line of sight as you can. I mounted mine under the dash...difficult to watch as I'm going down the road or 1/4 mile. I plan on moving it to the steering column.
As for tuning I've used it to lean out my cruise AFR and Jet my Secondaries for WOT. As for idle I use a vacumn gage since it only reads one bank.
Something that datalogs would make it easier...drive the car , look at the data, adjust, drive again....
It depends on how deep into the tuning you what to get..for just minor jetting issues it;s fine.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: wide band LC-1 - 08/22/11 11:12 PM

I have one and I mounted it on my A-pillar. I think it's an awesome tuning aid!
Posted By: can.al

Re: wide band LC-1 - 08/22/11 11:36 PM

..my car was running a little warm,would rattle on E-10 94,so i went 2 stages richer on the cruise thinking it was a bit lean.
seems much better now and i can run w vac advance.
now i'm wondering what my a/f is at idle,cruise and wot... and can i make it better.
Posted By: Clanton

Re: wide band LC-1 - 08/22/11 11:44 PM

the LC-1 has been helpfull to me.i dont have any down track video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIigVBZ8TME
Posted By: YO7_A66

Re: wide band LC-1 - 08/23/11 12:41 AM

I installed a wideband back in the Spring and now I wish that I would have had it in my budget along time ago. I love mine and I have mine mounted on my dash so that it can be seen as I drive. Mine has helped me find tuning errors that I never could have seen before the installation and they make a great learning tool!!
Posted By: Clanton

Re: wide band LC-1 - 08/24/11 11:02 PM

i am re-installing my lc-1 now that the car is running again[engine rebuild].how would you mount,where would you get power from.how would you run thw wiring?
© 2024 Moparts Forums