Moparts

Cant get small block head bolts locally? Really?

Posted By: Lmopar69

Cant get small block head bolts locally? Really? - 08/21/11 05:59 PM

Just got off the phone with all the "normal" local parts stores trying to find head bolts for my LA 360. Not a single store has them, can order them, or even lists them. You've got to be kidding!

I bet if I had a hunk-o-crap recycled pop can Honda civic I could get some dang head bolts.

Parts stores suck. Looks like I wont be getting this engine together today.

Laine.

Re: Cant get small block head bolts locally? Really? - 08/21/11 06:01 PM

Hmmm... just remembered, if Im correct, 273, 318 and 360 head bolts are all the same part. I wonder if they list them for a 318.... time to check.

ANSWER: Of course they dont. Tried every parts store thats open today, nothin, nothing at all. I find this to be very odd.

Laine.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Cant get small block head bolts locally? Really? - 08/21/11 06:26 PM

ahhh, Mopar. that's why we're a special breed! you should see what it's like in big block world

Re: Cant get small block head bolts locally? Really? - 08/21/11 06:35 PM

It just drives me nuts. I should use ARP bolts anyway like I did on the mains and rods, but dang, you should be able to get stinkin head bolts for some of the most common dodge engines on the road.

Guess I'll call Summit and get them in the mail. Doubtful that the local Dodge dealership has them either. I asked them for head gaskets, took 5 days to get them, but, I ordered them anyway.

Laine.
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Cant get small block head bolts locally? Really? - 08/21/11 07:22 PM

Mopar SB head bolts are NOT torque to yield bolts i.e. they dont need to replaced. That's why you cant find them.....

Re: Cant get small block head bolts locally? Really? - 08/21/11 08:36 PM

Well, I guess that sheds a bit of light on it. But, would you build a new engine and not replace the head bolts?

Laine.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Cant get small block head bolts locally? Really? - 08/21/11 10:57 PM

Quote:

Well, I guess that sheds a bit of light on it. But, would you build a new engine and not replace the head bolts?

Laine.

That depends on if I know the history of the engine,however I do prefer studs on the mains and heads.
© 2024 Moparts Forums