Moparts

Electric air fuel ratio gauge??

Posted By: White440

Electric air fuel ratio gauge?? - 08/21/11 09:09 AM

Electric air fuel ratio gauge-
Ok I have seen these around and was wondering if anyone had ever used one??
I was thinking of putting one in my truck and trying it out only because I have the sensor sitting there from doing my TBI to carb swap and thought what the heck but I was wondering if anyone had on this?
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Electric air fuel ratio gauge?? - 08/21/11 01:06 PM

2 types.

ok. 3 really...

1 "narrow band" cheap. nothing more than a moving gauge and a light show. only reads a very narrow range near stoich... around 14.7. it might go one full up and down, i.e. 13.7-15.7

2 wide band. expensive. this reads AFRs from ambient air at 20.8% to full rich, I've had mine reading at 10.0:1 before when I started tuning my Dakota.

3 wide band with data logging capability. for tuning, THIS is what you want. watching your AFRs on a gauge while accelerating at WOT is NOT an easy feat to do. it's much easier to use a gauge that data logs, and allows you to "play back" the run on a computer, with a graph and chart, showing you the AFRs through the RPM range, so you know where you're lean, rich, or spot on.
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: Electric air fuel ratio gauge?? - 08/21/11 08:15 PM

I have the AutoMeter Wideband...it has data logging but I have nothing to hook it up to. Maybe there is an adapter. Anyways, you need the wideband. Mine reads AFR in Hg and also Lambda. I stick with the Hg. It has been a life saver. Dialing in a single carb is one thing, I have two edelbrocks in line. I have it tuned exactly where I want it to be.

As a plus, you can rent it out for $25/day to your friends and make some of the money back
Posted By: White440

Re: Electric air fuel ratio gauge?? - 08/21/11 08:58 PM

Thanks guys.
I was in the parts house looking for a new vac gauge and stumbled across one of there cheepo's and it got my mind thinking. I know I don't want one of theres but didn't know witch way to go.
Thanks for the help guy's.
© 2024 Moparts Forums