Moparts

5-inch bolt pattern........

Posted By: WyleECoyote

5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 03:44 AM

SO,....
I want some used rims for my 72 Imperial; stow away the factory steel wheels and old man hubcaps for when I'm an old man; (next year....).

I'd love some torque thrusts or anything hot-rod-ish but I ain't gonna find 5-inch rims on Moparts!

Do you guys know of any sites I can visit that I'd have the best shot at finding used, 15-inch, 5-inch bolt pattern wheels? I may even consider 17's.

All help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Posted By: MoparMarq

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 04:18 AM

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2004 is a 5x5 bolt pattern (as are other years, probably), so are Libertys, IIRC. Yeah the offset is wrong, but maybe something aftermarket will fit and look good, and have a zero or slightly negative offset. Just thinking out loud here...
Posted By: NTOLERANCE

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 04:23 AM

GM 1/2 ton vans are 5on5. MY 86 was, some years may not.
Posted By: Neil

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 04:24 AM

Older 5 lug 2wd chevy pickups are 5x5 pattern.

Some full size Buick cars and maybe Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles of the same years are as well.
Posted By: WyleECoyote

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 04:40 AM

Good - good to know; I'm a life-long Mopar owner so I don't know anything about the other brands. Thanks for the inputs!

Ron
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 05:09 AM

Chevy half ton, 2 wheel drive trucks from 1971 to 1998 are pretty much 5 on 5, so tons of wheels out there (along with some other full size GM cars in the 60's (early 70's too I think?) but I've dealt with hundreds of the trucks and wheels on them so know just how common they are.

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 05:11 AM

Oh, and maybe look around on craigslist if used stuff will do you, always 5 on 5 stuff floating around on there that guys have pulled off thier trucks...swap meets too.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 05:31 AM

Are you measuring the pattern right? I do not recall seeing any Chrysler car of that era bigger than 4.5" before, but I have never owned an Imperial either.

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 05:36 AM

Quote:

Are you measuring the pattern right? I do not recall seeing any Chrysler car of that era bigger than 4.5" before, but I have never owned an Imperial either.

Yep Barry...they did have 5 on 5"
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 05:42 AM

For 17" wheel in 5x5" pattern, Chevy Impala SS are about the only commonly available choice, and come in a nice 17x8.5" wheel size.

Chevy Astro/GMC Safari are 5x5" up until the last few years of production when they went to six lug, so five lug Astrofari wheels are easy to find, though not the most stylish IMHO...and I own an Astro.

As mentioned, newer Jeep GC/Commander/Wrangler have the 5x5" pattern, but you'd probably need to run adapters using stock wheels as they're high + offset.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 05:42 AM

Wow, good to know.
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/14/11 09:18 AM

Excusssse me.....
*ahem*
JENSEN INTERCEPTOR!!!

5x5 bolt pattern!
Posted By: patrick

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/15/11 02:41 PM

Quote:

GM 1/2 ton vans are 5on5. MY 86 was, some years may not.

as are 2WD trucks, and newer GM B bodies (impala SS, caprice, roadmaster)
Posted By: QuickDodge

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/16/11 03:53 AM

Most all of the rear wheel drive Cadillacs from 1996 back are 5x5. The full size rear wheel drive station wagons are nearly always this size. The largest Buick's like the Park Ave had the big pattern. Oddly, the LeSabre which was only a couple of inches shorter had the smaller bolt pattern. The same was true at Oldsmobile. The Old's 98 had the large 5x5 pattern, the olds 88 had the smaller bolt pattern. Caprice cop cars had the 5x5 pattern as well.

On these GM cars, the larger bolt pattern was used on cars with the 12 inch front brake rotors. The cars with the 11 inch rotors used the 4.75" bolt circle.

Edit: I should have mentioned, the above information is for the 1977-96 model cars. I know the 5x5 and the 5x4.75 patterns were used prior to 1977, but am unsure which cars used it.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: 5-inch bolt pattern........ - 08/16/11 04:36 PM

I used Imperial wheels on my '50 Buick rear, both 5 on 5. I believe that is also a common pattern for race wheels, not to be confused with the "wide 5" which is really a 36 ford pattern.

R.
© 2024 Moparts Forums