Moparts

Custom dashes

Posted By: 70duster340

Custom dashes - 08/09/11 03:52 AM

I know that many of you have made your own dashes, but the question is, how did you wire up such things as turn signals and emergency flashers? Also, the high beam indicator and warning lights? I'm considering making my own dash, and would like some input, please.

TIA!!!

Re: Custom dashes - 08/09/11 05:14 AM

Anybody???
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Custom dashes - 08/09/11 06:09 AM

Quote:

I know that many of you have made your own dashes, but the question is, how did you wire up such things as turn signals and emergency flashers? Also, the high beam indicator and warning lights? I'm considering making my own dash, and would like some input, please.

TIA!!!

I use a Ron Francis kit. If wiring from scratch it would be just as easy, the warning lights are usually grounded at the senders, turn signals and flashers are fairly straightforward unless odd switches and columns are used..?

Posted By: Crazy68Dart

Re: Custom dashes - 08/09/11 12:09 PM

I modified my stock harness. It was between spending a bunch of money on a replacement harness, or working with the factory one. In my case, the factory harness was in nice shape.

Anything I removed, I left enough lead that I can reattach at some point if I ever go back to the factory instruments. In the process I also removed the ammeter and feed through the bulkhead which is a bit hazardous.

Painless sells indicator lights in red, orange, green, and blue. They also sell the headlight switch assembly, wiper switch, etc.

Re: Custom dashes - 08/10/11 04:32 AM

Can anyone offer any wiring diagrams? That would be very helpful!

Re: Custom dashes - 08/12/11 02:57 AM

Nobody???
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: Custom dashes - 08/12/11 03:24 AM

i used a kit from american auto wire. i used 5/16 led lights from jegs for the turn and high beam indicaters. just don't get blue for the high beam indicater. holy crap is it brite. way too brite. lights up the entire interior of the car. i'm going to buy a red one one of these days and replace it. a service manual should have all the diagrams you need to do it.

Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Custom dashes - 08/12/11 04:06 AM

Not a biggee to dim the LED briteness, one needs to insert a series resistor to decrease the voltage..

Just my $0.02....

Re: Custom dashes - 08/13/11 03:06 AM

Hey abodyjoe, where did you get that dash insert? Also, the wiring harness? That's really sharp!
© 2024 Moparts Forums