Moparts

Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys?

Posted By: ChickMaggot

Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys? - 08/03/11 02:45 AM

Guys,

Who makes a mandrel bent complete dual exhaust system for the '70 & later 340/360 Duster/Demon/Dart Sport with manifolds? I'm sure there's a vendor out there somewhere.

Maggot
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys? - 08/03/11 04:12 AM

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Exhaust-X/XhaustSystems.htm

Google took about 1 min
Posted By: 13ChargerR/T AWD

Re: Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys? - 08/03/11 01:44 PM

TTI think and your gonna PAY$$$$$$$ lol.
Posted By: patrick

Re: Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys? - 08/03/11 01:49 PM

summit & jegs house brand kits are made by heartthrob in MN, but you'll have to figure out how to get to the manifolds.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys? - 08/03/11 02:21 PM

Quote:

TTI think and your gonna PAY$$$$$$$ lol.

He didn't say anything about money. He asked who made it.

Re: Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys? - 08/03/11 02:54 PM

Thanks for the input guys.

Here's another question...TTI makes two 2.5" systems that come with mufflers, one with an "X" pipe ($657), and one with an "H" pipe ($602).

What's the advantage of one over the other? My engine is a mild 360, 9.5-10:1, TQ 4bbl, small torquey cam (haven't pick it yet), 340/360 manifolds, 3.55 gear, 904.

Maggot
Posted By: Seth_Jones

Re: Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys? - 08/03/11 03:28 PM

If your car is a column shift be prepared to modify your shift linkage as well as your kick down linkage from the pivot down.The 2.5 tti pipe on the drivers side occupies the same space as the shifter bell crank.

Re: Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys? - 08/03/11 03:31 PM

Yes, my car has a column shifter.

Seth, do you have any pics from your Duster project that would show the remedy for this?

Re: Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys? - 08/03/11 03:49 PM

Tough to take pics of that area Chick.Since you are running a 904 your mods will probably be different from mine since I run a 727.I made my own pivot bracket that mounts to the bellhousing and even with that my bellcrank runs "uphill" from the frame to the trans to clear the pipe.Its still really close.Your kickdown mods might be easier with the smaller 904 bell housing.

Re: Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys? - 08/03/11 04:08 PM

Seth, thanks for the input. Funny they don't mention this issue in any of their footnotes assigned to the A-body manifold back systems. I may have to give them a call since they don't seem to do email.

Re: Who Makes Mandrel Bent Exhaust for Late A-bodys? - 08/03/11 05:26 PM

In all fairness they do tell you about the kickdown bellcrank mods in the instructions when you recieve the pipes.
© 2024 Moparts Forums