Moparts

kits for six pack carbs?

Posted By: 69RR

kits for six pack carbs? - 05/19/08 11:02 PM

Does anyone know what Holley kit(s) to order to test my carbs? Its bogging at wot and probably need to change the squirters or the secondary springs.

But don't know what to order,
Any advice?
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: kits for six pack carbs? - 05/20/08 12:10 AM

37-396 are the part numbers for the kits for 6 pack carbs.

Re: kits for six pack carbs? - 05/20/08 01:06 AM

Quote:

37-396 are the part numbers for the kits for 6 pack carbs.

Thanks!
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: kits for six pack carbs? - 05/21/08 12:44 AM

That kit will get you all the gaskets for the carb...It won't have the vacuum pod rubber diaphram or any secondary springs... You can use the holley secondary spring assortment kit{2} on the six bbl set-up to dial in the spring rate if you go that route... Here's a quick link to a secondary kit for reference.. link
Posted By: lokalik

Re: kits for six pack carbs? - 05/21/08 01:09 AM

not to high the post but, will the float bowls, jet plates off a holley double pumper interchange to the ouboard carbs. if so this would make rejetting easier.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: kits for six pack carbs? - 05/21/08 01:34 AM

Actually, the double pumper carb has a metering block at each end as well as the accellerator pumps{and would'nt work}...But I understand what you're thinking....The usual vac secondary holleys still have basically the same metering plate that's not easily adjusted{as in drilling}....But Promax and quick fuel both make the secondary metering plates that use regular jets to make tuning easier...

Re: kits for six pack carbs? - 05/21/08 02:14 AM

Quote:

That kit will get you all the gaskets for the carb...It won't have the vacuum pod rubber diaphram or any secondary springs... You can use the holley secondary spring assortment kit{2} on the six bbl set-up to dial in the spring rate if you go that route... Here's a quick link to a secondary kit for reference.. link

Thanks for the tip - I did order one - I was afraid I needed another...,

I also ordered the trick kit and 1 set of jets -

I might have to order the squirters - but they come as two per size, not sure what I'll need,

I see whats in the trick kit when it comes..
Posted By: fastnos

Re: kits for six pack carbs? - 05/22/08 11:57 AM

there is a aution on E-bay now for 3 of them.
You might be able to pick them up localy a little cheaper. Try running the part number on partsvoice and see if they might be cheaper also.
© 2024 Moparts Forums