Moparts

Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good?

Posted By: VITC_GTX

Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/26/11 09:36 PM

Need front/rear bumpers for my '71 SSP done. Seems like I remember folks liking Tri-City Plating in Elizabethton, TN. Any comments/suggestions?
Posted By: GTXKen

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/26/11 10:20 PM

They did my GTX bumpers 5 years back and I'm very happy with them. Also did my buddies 66 and hes happy.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/26/11 10:20 PM

They are EXCELLENT!!
Posted By: GTXKen

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/26/11 10:22 PM

and by the way, I asked him for bumper bolts and they were out, he told me to go get them at Napa the stainless ones, not the stainless capped, told me to just polish them and they would look better than the ones they sold. So I did
Posted By: Bull1tt

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/26/11 10:35 PM

I'll vouch for them as well.
Posted By: RJS

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/26/11 10:45 PM

It's funny but everyone on this site raves about them but I could never get a excellent plating job out of them on the first shot. They always made it right but they always cost me extra shipping money. This was on 3 different occasions and types of bumpers.
Posted By: terzmo

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/26/11 11:15 PM

Haven't heard a bad thing about them till the post before Me.
Posted By: b54406barrel

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/26/11 11:35 PM

Art Brass in Seattle did one in 'show chrome' for me a few years ago & it was very nice. Think it was about $500 and regular chrome was only about $100-120 less, if I recall correctly.
Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/26/11 11:42 PM

Just got front and rears from them for my 70 Challenger a few months ago. Very happy with the bumpers and the customer service was excellent.

Joe
Posted By: ahy

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/26/11 11:55 PM

They did a good job on front and rear bumpers for me 5-6 years ago.
Posted By: Barry70GTX

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/27/11 01:11 AM

Quote:

It's funny but everyone on this site raves about them but I could never get a excellent plating job out of them on the first shot. They always made it right but they always cost me extra shipping money. This was on 3 different occasions and types of bumpers.

For most people, Tri City's plating is acceptable. It is as good, if not better, than the original factory bumpers.

But if you truly want top quality plating then you have to go with a company that copper plates.
Expect the price to double for that quality though.
Besides the price of the copper,it's the labor involved after the copper is applied that you paying for.
Posted By: VITC_GTX

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/27/11 02:36 AM

Tri-City Plating quoted me $395 for the rear (exchange). Art Brass was a little more when I asked them at the Portland Swap meet. Also, Tri-City Plating has bumpers in stock so no waiting involved.
Posted By: Azzkikrcuda

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/27/11 04:03 AM

Got my Cuda bumpers done at Tri-city, no complaints
Posted By: Junky

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/27/11 04:32 PM

Got my rear bumper from them 10 years ago. Good quality.
Posted By: geno440

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/27/11 04:48 PM

My 10 year old dart bumpers are starting to speckle. I'll be testing out their life time warranty out soon.
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/27/11 10:02 PM

Joey
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/27/11 11:08 PM

Another vote for Tri City. Stuff looked pretty dang nice to me? Fast too.
Posted By: challenger70

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/28/11 03:33 AM

Quote:

I sort of agree they did a ok job on my bumpers but a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] job on my bumperettes, but they redid them no problem.
Posted By: max

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/28/11 08:17 AM

I got a set of bumpers from them several years ago and they still look good. The chrome seems to be alittle on the soft side and is easily scratched so I have to take extra care in cleaning them.
Posted By: RJS

Re: Tri-City Plating in Tenn. Any good? - 07/29/11 01:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I sort of agree they did a ok job on my bumpers but a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] job on my bumperettes, but they redid them no problem.

I just spoke my experiences, I've had better for similar money over the years. The last time was about a year and a half ago when I bought a front bumper for the GS outright from them. The front side was kinda passable but the back side looked like Moon craters. The back side is very visible when you have the hood up. I ate more shipping money with the return and bought less than perfect NOS and life goes on... Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums