Moparts

Lakewood Bellhousing On Small Block

Posted By: dusterjp

Lakewood Bellhousing On Small Block - 07/23/11 07:49 PM

Has anyone installed a Lakewood bellhousing on a Duster with a small block before. What are the potetial problems. It has TTI headers and ihas a Center Force clutch and Center Force steel flywheel. Thanks for all advice.
Posted By: dusterbd13

Re: Lakewood Bellhousing On Small Block - 07/23/11 08:34 PM

i know this has been covered before, as i asked it years ago.

for the TTI's, you WILL have to cut clearance in the passengers side of the beel, at the 4-5 o clock position. gotta cut the block plate there too.

z-bar sometimes needs some tweaking with the lakewood. its also pretty tight on my duster around the bellhousing area. not a lot of room to work.

i actually have to pull mine this winter, and im wondering if i can do it with the motor in the car. just dont know if it will clear.

michael
Posted By: dusterjp

Re: Lakewood Bellhousing On Small Block - 07/24/11 01:56 AM

Thanks for the reply.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Lakewood Bellhousing On Small Block - 07/24/11 04:39 AM

I used to have one in a 340 Swinger. You can get it out once the trans is out, but it isn't a lot of fun. Also, if you hear a creaking/grinding noise when you hit a bump, bend over the seam in the tunnel next time you have the bellhousing out.
Posted By: dusterbd13

Re: Lakewood Bellhousing On Small Block - 07/24/11 10:41 PM

Quote:

I used to have one in a 340 Swinger. You can get it out once the trans is out, but it isn't a lot of fun. Also, if you hear a creaking/grinding noise when you hit a bump, bend over the seam in the tunnel next time you have the bellhousing out.

im going to have to look at that. been wondering where that was coming from.
© 2024 Moparts Forums