Moparts

Hey AutoX'ers, what seats are you using

Posted By: 68Bullit

Hey AutoX'ers, what seats are you using - 09/27/08 02:22 AM

I'm looking for two good front seats and thought that asking some of the autocrossers would help. Absolute top dollar performance seats aren't a must but just looking for the best bang for the buck or a good priced seat that is a high-back with a good belt system, and used mostly for street. Any help??? Thanks
Posted By: AlexP

Re: Hey AutoX'ers, what seats are you using - 09/27/08 02:46 AM

ProCar, Summits house seats and the Corbeau seats come into mind for a basic but good quality seat on a budget.
Posted By: BergmanAutoCraft

Re: Hey AutoX'ers, what seats are you using - 09/27/08 03:20 AM

Flofit.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Hey AutoX'ers, what seats are you using - 09/27/08 04:16 AM

I agree with the above for new seats. Except I really watch the Summit house brand. If it's like the ones at Pep Boys, be carefull. I've seen the display one broken at the bolsters were it attached to the center. The bolster are just foam cores attached (bolted?) to the center.

For good used seats try BMW seats from the BMW junkyard. I know somemone that has those in 68 Barracuda. Light and gives you more rear legroom. Think it was a couple hundred for black leather!

I have old Toyota Celica GTS in my Barracuda and new Procar seats in my Dart ($180 swap meet score).

The Procar vinyl material is not a thick as the OE material. I think lots of aftermarket will be like that. Just like an NOS part compared to a perfect looking repro. Most of the time the repro just doesn't hold up to the elements as well.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Hey AutoX'ers, what seats are you using - 09/27/08 03:20 PM

I used some Procar's too, and they where nice and comfortable along with being supportive as well
Posted By: amxautox

Re: Hey AutoX'ers, what seats are you using - 09/29/08 02:30 AM

I have mid '80s Corvette seats in mine.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Hey AutoX'ers, what seats are you using - 09/29/08 04:40 AM

BMW seats in a 68 Barracuda (not mine)

Attached picture 4717037-07PkrRally0073.JPG
Posted By: Brute

Re: Hey AutoX'ers, what seats are you using - 09/29/08 11:23 AM

After I get the cage put in my Charger I'm looking at probably going with the Kirkey intermediate road race seats. But then again my definition of what is streetable is kinda skewed. They're gonna end up costing around $400. 00 per seat with the covers included, but are solid seats.
Posted By: cogen80

Re: Hey AutoX'ers, what seats are you using - 09/29/08 11:32 AM

was talking with dave from totally auto at carlisle and he is running the pro car in his cuda. said they were very comfortable. http://www.procarbyscat.com/Products_Elite.asp
Posted By: HOOVER24K

Re: Hey AutoX'ers, what seats are you using - 09/29/08 12:34 PM

I've got a set of Acura RSX seats for my Duster. Black leather and look like new for $400 off e-bag.
© 2024 Moparts Forums