Moparts

which radiator hoses ? on my third set already

Posted By: use2teech

which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 01:49 AM

Hope someone can help out.....I have read through the many posts regarding what radiator hoses to use and keep coming up empty (wrong hoses). I have a 65 coronet, original 383 car. It came to me (in many pieces) with a 22 inch radiator and I am putting in a 440, 1977 model year. My upper hose is located top PASSENGER SIDE of the radiator and lower is on the far left (drivers side) of the radiator - which makes for a long travel to get to the passenger side of the engine. Anyone know for sure what hoses, where from, etc ? As always, appreciate all the help from you guys !
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 02:00 AM

[Quote] " I have a 65 coronet, original 383 car...with a 440, 1977 model year. My upper hose is located top center of the radiator and lower is on the far left (drivers side) of the radiator -which makes for a long travel to get to the passenger side of the engine."

You might wanna get a different pump housing. I think the early 60's were different than the later 70's motors.
Posted By: zrxkawboy

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 03:37 AM

A radiator shop could relocate your outlet pretty easily for you.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 04:11 AM

Quote:

A radiator shop could relocate your outlet pretty easily for you.

change rad

move lower outlet on rad

change WP housing to a car unit

later cars/trucks use the pass side lower hose WP housing

use 2 hoses and a nipple to cross over to hook it up
Posted By: gtx69

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 02:27 PM

Change water pump housing to pre-72
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 03:21 PM

Quote:

Change water pump housing to pre-72

This is the much easier and cheaper way to go.

You should have no problem getting the earlier pump housing. Where are you located? I'll send you one for the cost of shipping .
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 03:54 PM

Do you still have the old 383? If so there you go. If not John RR has your best solution.

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 04:43 PM

Thanks.....don't know if it changes anything but I screwed up....the upper outlet on the radiator is actualy on the passenger side of the radiator....I originallty wrote it was in the center.

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 04:50 PM

Quote:

Thanks.....don't know if it changes anything but I screwed up....the upper outlet on the radiator is actualy on the passenger side of the radiator....I originallty wrote it was in the center.

That doesn't matter , your problem is the lower outlet on the pass side of the engine . get the correct waterpump and all you need to do is get hoses for a 65 coronet .

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 05:19 PM

John
Thanks and let me know how to pay you....I am interested in getting the older style housing.

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 06:48 PM

Do you have the original 383 from this car ?

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 07:35 PM

no...came in pieces, no motor.

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 08:35 PM

Then to answer your other question you'll need to get a set of the earlier valve covers also .

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 08:49 PM

any reason to not stay with the later model covers and buy breathers for later model covers ?

Re: which radiator hoses ? on my third set already - 07/18/11 08:51 PM

Quote:

any reason to not stay with the later model covers and buy breathers for later model covers ?

As long as you can find what you need there is no reason not to switch I guess . from your PM I have no idea what you need , it didn't make sense ?
© 2024 Moparts Forums