Moparts

COST OF CRATE ENGINE VS SHOP BUILT

Posted By: CUDA8U

COST OF CRATE ENGINE VS SHOP BUILT - 07/16/11 05:28 AM

I know i ask too many questions but i'm searching for the perfect car and am trying to figure out what works best$$$$$$ wise and hopefully get some good advice from mopar people. I am hoping to find a 71 rt challenger #'s match and would want to build/buy a second motor/trans combo so i'm wondering what path any of you have taken with successs Crate/shop built?
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: COST OF CRATE ENGINE VS SHOP BUILT - 07/16/11 07:46 AM

I have a Mopar Performance 360 Crate motor in my '88 Gran Fury, and I had one in my '85 Gran Fury, which I don't have any more. Both have been really strong motors that impress me. The current one just now has around 2000 miles on it and like the first one, really is waking up at this mileage. Very strong torque motor. Unfortunately, MP doesn't make this motor anymore (360/300+hp/375+ torque), but they do still make complete from oil pan to intake smallblock crate motors. I paid about 3K each (the latest one NOS off ebay), and I don't think there is any way I could have built one for much less than that, and there was no guessing on what combination to use.
© 2024 Moparts Forums