Moparts

Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II

Posted By: 70mopes

Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/12/11 10:16 PM

Are Goodyear Eagle GT II radials still available in 14 and 15 inch sizes?
Posted By: AdamR

Re: Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/12/11 10:28 PM

I was searching for them the other day and couldnt find them.
Posted By: deansrr

Re: Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/13/11 01:58 AM

Quote:

NO been gone for awhile
Posted By: DennisH

Re: Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/13/11 02:13 AM

I ran them, then went with Cooper Cobras. 225 70/14.
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/13/11 02:31 AM

could not find them either.

there seems to be only 3 reasonable price ones out there now for 14's and 15's in any wide sizes.

Firestone
Cooper
and BFG if you can find them. I swear I saw someone with them in stock about 2 months ago when I was looking, but decided the cooper's were a better deal and went that way.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/13/11 03:15 AM

Quote:

14" is all done, as are the 15", it was annouced last year by Goodyear that the Eagle GT II line as well as other 14/15 inch "slow moving inventory/production" was over,...any places like TireRack, Summit were discounting the remaining 225,255 and 275 60 series tires to move them out of the system, your only chance is to try a local dealer that inventories tires......Coker is in negotiations to license the production of Eagle GT tires,....now you'll be paying $250-$350 for what was once a $150 tire
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/13/11 03:20 AM

Goodyear GT II is currently only available as a 20" tire....
Posted By: 70mopes

Re: Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/13/11 03:56 PM

Man that is a bummer to not have a decent RWL radial Goodyear tire to run on mopars. I still have ST's on a car and their replacement, GT II's on another. I just took it for granted that a Goodyear option would exist when the need once again arose. Big rim designs and associated tire tech has rendered smaller rims entirely obsolete. I see TireRack offers up a Firestone and Goodrich TA option still ... which is cool. But I have always appreciated the Goodyear look on my cars. Oh well..

Thanks for all the responses!
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/13/11 04:40 PM

The 15" market is dominated by Cooper - who also makes Dean, Mastercraft, Avon, Mickey Thompson ST for RWL, S rated 15", Mickey Thompson SR for BSW, H rated 15".

BFG has also all but abandoned the 15" market as their molds were sold to Coker. and many sizes discontinued.

Also out there - Maxxis, who makes predominately ATV and motorcycle tires, but they have moved in to car and truck applications as well.

Of course there is also Coker and Diamond Back for more vintage, cruiser tpye bias play and radial stuff.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/13/11 05:17 PM

It appears BFGoodrich is gonna have 295/50-15's again soon... 275/60-15's are available now & other sizes are back..

follow this link..
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...s&tab=Specs

Pick a size click the size & it will give you availability info..
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/13/11 05:28 PM

Quote:

It appears BFGoodrich is gonna have 295/50-15's again soon... 275/60-15's are available now & other sizes are back..

follow this link..
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...s&tab=Specs

Pick a size click the size & it will give you availability info..

Randy from what I was told BFG will be making various sized 14/15/16 inch tires, in X amount of quanities for a 3-4 mouth production period once a year, when there gone, you'll have to wait for the next ramp up of production,....many of the aftermarket suppliers of tires are going this production route, like Perelli, Interco, BFG, etc, etc, the economy plus demand (lack of) is killing lines of product, or downsizing production,....so if/when a set is avaliable, or extra coin is in the pocket,..Stock up, cause the day will come when its 17" and up, that's it
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Goodyear Radials - Eagle GT II - 07/13/11 09:05 PM

Took me forever to find a set of 255/60R15's for my Daytona. I called Goodyear themselves and they were able to help me locate 2 of the 4 I couldn't find. Had them shipped to the local Goodyear who had the other 2. They are extremely hard to find. That was about a year ago. Hopefully someone will start making the raised white lettered Goodyears again.....
© 2024 Moparts Forums