Moparts

Transmission Leak????

Posted By: JoesMopar

Transmission Leak???? - 07/11/11 11:37 PM

I've noticed when I park my car there will be a huge puddle of transmission fluid under the car after it sits awhile. It only does it when the car sits for awhile, not overnight, not 2 days, not a few hours..only when it sits for roughly 4 or more days without getting started up or driven. Does this make sense to anyone and where could it be coming from that it "waits" to start leaking?

Car is a '77 Fury A38 with 440/727.

Thanks
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Transmission Leak???? - 07/11/11 11:43 PM

Probably converter drain-back. And more likely from where the valve-body sticks-out in the case. But have you checked ?

Re: Transmission Leak???? - 07/11/11 11:46 PM

I just did a quick check and it looked somewhere around the front of the transmission, not done a thorough check yet as I'm working on another car at the moment....just looking for quick advice so when I get this thing in the air I can figure on it being quick and easy or long and tedious....
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Transmission Leak???? - 07/11/11 11:52 PM

Clean that shifter/VB area with brake clean and then sprinkle it with baby powder. THIS will show any leaks.

Re: Transmission Leak???? - 07/11/11 11:54 PM

Thanks again
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Transmission Leak???? - 07/12/11 12:50 AM

Quote:

Clean that shifter/VB area with brake clean and then sprinkle it with baby powder. THIS will show any leaks.

this works every time
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Transmission Leak???? - 07/12/11 03:08 AM

W this came up prior someone posted a good trick on how to get the baby powder up there. Any body remem what it was? Some type of applicator
© 2024 Moparts Forums