Moparts

A-Body headliner with windows in?

Posted By: W5Duster436

A-Body headliner with windows in? - 05/19/08 07:32 PM

I believe that the teeth are on the inside but does the front/rear windows need to be out to install the headliner?

Logistics are killing me to get the headliner installed since the car is inoperable. I am trying to see if I can get it running first then install both front/rear glass and have the headliner installed. Any problems with this?
Posted By: 70Duster440

Re: A-Body headliner with windows in? - 05/19/08 08:16 PM

Yes, it can be done with the front and rear glass in. It's a matter of getting the edges under the window gasket which isn't a big deal. However, having done it with the glass out, I'd say it makes the job a lot easier.
Posted By: Dart 340

Re: A-Body headliner with windows in? - 05/19/08 08:42 PM

I did mine this last winter with all the windows in.
No big deal. It is a couple hour job though. Make
sure you have the side clips to hold it in place
while the adhesive is drying.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: A-Body headliner with windows in? - 05/19/08 08:46 PM

Quote:

I did mine this last winter with all the windows in.
No big deal. It is a couple hour job though. Make
sure you have the side clips to hold it in place
while the adhesive is drying.

I did mine on a 70 Cuda, all glass in. Buy a few boxes of the little black office-supply clips. In addition to the stock clips that stay on the car. Clips are your friend. I did the front, let glue dry, did the rear, let glue dry, one side, dry, last side. Results are perfect. But it took time.
Posted By: W5Duster436

Re: A-Body headliner with windows in? - 05/19/08 11:00 PM

I just don't have the patience to try putting one in. For 100 bucks someone else can do it. I just wanted to make sure that he could still do it if I put the glass in. Wish I could just find someone that would come to my house and do it. Would make things MUCH easier.

I think I have about 10 of those little black clips. They are about 3/8" in wide and a c-clip type thing? Had to dig them outta the bags and I believe that's where they go.
Posted By: 360ChallengerB3

Re: A-Body headliner with windows in? - 05/20/08 08:16 PM

Make sure you have had a tetanus shot recently.
© 2024 Moparts Forums