Moparts

Replace 74-78 Chrysler/Imperial Roof Rail Weatherstrip

Posted By: mantonas

Replace 74-78 Chrysler/Imperial Roof Rail Weatherstrip - 07/04/11 05:28 AM

Does anyone know a place to buy replacement roof rail weatherstripping (the one that is attached to the body that the window seals against) for the 74-78 New Yorker or Imperial? If not, does anyone know how to fabricate a replacement? Mine are starting to dry up and crumble away.
Posted By: Commando1

Re: Replace 74-78 Chrysler/Imperial Roof Rail Weatherstrip - 07/04/11 03:37 PM

No one repops them, NOS are unobtanium, and finding a set from a salvage yard that is in good condition is very hard. Even Murray Park, the C-body Mecca for slavage cars will tell you he doesn't have a decent one out in his yard.

A 1/2 decent work-a-round to the problem has been done by a Kip, amember of:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/NewYorkerOnline/

So far, it's the only solution that we have come up with.
And many have tried.
We've been trying to get them made for years but nobody's interested.
Posted By: mantonas

Re: Replace 74-78 Chrysler/Imperial Roof Rail Weatherstrip - 07/04/11 08:01 PM

As I replied to you on C Body Dry Dock:

Thanks for the response, but the link doesn't take me to a specific thread, just to the Yahoo New Yorker Online mailing list. I tried to search for the thread, but no luck. Can you link to it or copy and paste the relevant information into this post?

Thanks.
Posted By: Commando1

Re: Replace 74-78 Chrysler/Imperial Roof Rail Weatherstrip - 07/04/11 08:15 PM

Quote:

the link doesn't take me to a specific thread, just to the Yahoo New Yorker Online mailing list. I tried to search for the thread, but no luck. Can you link to it or copy and paste the relevant information into this post? Thanks.

That's what I hate about %$#$ Yahoo Groups.
Here's a link to Kip's pictures.

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/kipgardiner/Window%20Weatherstrip/

After looking at the pics, ask any question you have in the Group and Kip will bring you up to speed.
© 2024 Moparts Forums