Moparts

EFI / E85

Posted By: deansrr

EFI / E85 - 06/21/11 03:10 AM

was planning on running E85 in my 340, like the idea of higher octane, running cooler and so on, purchased Quick fuel E85 Carb, but been thinking about fuel injection instead of carb. Anyone make kit for doing this, was going to go with FAST EZ-EFI, but doesn't work with E85, a flex fuel kit would be even better, any one?
Posted By: rbkt65

Re: EFI / E85 - 06/21/11 04:45 AM

the f.a.s.t system will work w/e85-talk to Mopar Rich on this site-also
will work w/alcohol-projection III will also work w/e85-have been exploring this possibility also.
Posted By: herkamer

Re: EFI / E85 - 06/21/11 05:17 AM

Any injection should work, the computer doesn't know what fuel you are using. Add 35% to the gasoline fuel maps and that should get you pretty close. You will need 35% bigger injectors as well. Megasquirt 2 and 3 has a flex fuel option so you can run either fuel without a map change. Utilizes the stock GM flex fuel sensor to determine ethanol content.
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: EFI / E85 - 06/21/11 06:28 PM

Quote:

was planning on running E85 in my 340, like the idea of higher octane, running cooler and so on, purchased Quick fuel E85 Carb, but been thinking about fuel injection instead of carb. Anyone make kit for doing this, was going to go with FAST EZ-EFI, but doesn't work with E85, a flex fuel kit would be even better, any one?

You are correct - the EZ-EFI will NOT work with E85. That's because the target AF maps will not go down low enough. Stociometric for E85 is 10:1. You'd have to step up the XFI system. BTW: The XFI directly interfaces to the Flex Fuel sensor and automatically adjusts to the fuel.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: EFI / E85 - 06/21/11 06:36 PM

has anyone done this with a modified factory PCM? such as using SCT to flash custom tunes into the PCM? I've considered trying it, but I know that I'd need to first step up to bigger injectors, and maybe a stronger fuel pump too. I'm not really sure. it's basically a slightly modded 5.9L that I'd be doing this to.

can a 90% stock EFI system be converted to E85 by simply re-flashing the computer and putting in bigger injectors?
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: EFI / E85 - 06/21/11 06:39 PM

Not sure on the modification the first time I tried E-85 in a fuel injected vehicle it killed the truck. I had rented a new pick up and it messed with the computer and it wouldn't run well.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: EFI / E85 - 06/21/11 07:01 PM

It would be really nice if the EZ-efi kit was flexible to run E85.....hint..
© 2024 Moparts Forums