Moparts

Victor 340 on Magnum Eddy Heads

Posted By: GTMaracucho

Victor 340 on Magnum Eddy Heads - 06/19/11 09:10 PM

I`m Planing built a Magnum 360 and want to put a Victor 340 on there, but the problem is the heads that i`m planing to use are aluminum ones.
What is the best way, put the Victor 340 or buy a Magnum type M1 ??ç

Regards....Jose
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Victor 340 on Magnum Eddy Heads - 06/19/11 10:53 PM

the heads can be redrilled to the LA bolt pattern...or you use the Mopar M1 as it is the only single plane with Magnum bolt pattern
Posted By: babarracuda

Re: Victor 340 on Magnum Eddy Heads - 06/21/11 04:11 PM

Unless you have lots of stall and low gears, the Victor will be a pig on the street
Posted By: gdonovan

Re: Victor 340 on Magnum Eddy Heads - 06/25/11 03:16 PM

Quote:

the heads can be redrilled to the LA bolt pattern...or you use the Mopar M1 as it is the only single plane with Magnum bolt pattern

I seem to recall that the Eddie heads have helicoils in the holes, redrilling the heads might not be a great idea.

Better off to get a comparable magnum intake.
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Victor 340 on Magnum Eddy Heads - 06/25/11 08:01 PM

Quote:

I`m Planing built a Magnum 360 and want to put a Victor 340 on there, but the problem is the heads that i`m planing to use are aluminum ones.
What is the best way, put the Victor 340 or buy a Magnum type M1 ??ç

Regards....Jose

If you want performance, use the eddy rpm air gap. If you want looks, use Indy's intake.
Brian
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Victor 340 on Magnum Eddy Heads - 06/25/11 10:18 PM

Quote:

Unless you have lots of stall and low gears, the Victor will be a pig on the street

I run the Vic340 on my 340 with Edlebrock LA heads, it's runs great down low. 3:55 gears and a small stall converter. I have always ran a single plain Weiand for like 15 years. Then thought I'd try a RPM manifold because it's dual plane, hated it. Motor ran out of power early for me. Tried a M1 , didn't like it. Then tried a Vic 340 and it runs like my old Weieand that I sold,(wish I would have kept)

Anyway a single plain manifold can be made to scream on the street, mine does with the 474 MP cam and 600 carb. I just got done driving it all around town in traffic today with the AC on. It ldles great with just the right amount of rumble, it snaps necks looking at it everywhere I go.
© 2024 Moparts Forums