Moparts

MCB / Tuff wheel restoration

Posted By: Hardcharger65

MCB / Tuff wheel restoration - 09/22/08 01:53 AM

Has anyone here on Moparts sent plastic grilles, headlight bezels and rocker panel mouldings to MCB metal restorations/ Tuff wheel restorations to be restored ?. I have a 72 Dart-Demon grille, headlight bezels and turn signal lenses i need repainted to OE quality for a project car ill be doing in the future. Just want to find someone who will respray it the correct argent silver and black and do all the masking correctly. Also need a set of aluminium rocker moulding restored to OE. Anyone here done business with them and what did you think of their work ?, thanks Moparts for free post.
Posted By: Spike

Re: MCB / Tuff wheel restoration - 09/22/08 02:05 AM

I have had nothing of mine personally done by MCB but what I have seen of some of their work looks great.
Posted By: PAULS_340

Re: MCB / Tuff wheel restoration - 09/23/08 09:40 PM

I am picking up a Tuff wheel this week. I have seen several items from these guys and they are as close to perfection as you can get. Matt has got a couple of guys who have been restoring metal for something like 20 years each? Good luck
Posted By: Neil

Re: MCB / Tuff wheel restoration - 09/23/08 11:12 PM

I had them redo my a-body tuff wheel. Came out really nice.
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: MCB / Tuff wheel restoration - 09/24/08 12:21 AM

I keep hearing that they don't anodize their aluminum parts after fixing them, they just leave them raw polished aluminum.

Yes, that makes it easier to polish out scratches, but raw aluminum scratches WAY easier than anodized. The bright anodize is a protectant.

I guess it's ok to leave it off on garage kept show cars, but I plan on driving my ride quite a bit, and don't want to spend all my time polishing out bug scratches in the raw aluminum.

Tav
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: MCB / Tuff wheel restoration - 09/25/08 01:08 AM

I would personally recommend Moparts member Mr.Belvedere, one of the best when it comes to restoring the trim for Mopars. Not to mention and all around good guy and straight shooter
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: MCB / Tuff wheel restoration - 09/25/08 01:10 AM

Here is a link:
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=2#Post4673273
Posted By: BDW

Re: MCB / Tuff wheel restoration - 09/25/08 10:09 AM

Do you have any before and after pics?
© 2024 Moparts Forums