Moparts

Trunk pan replacement

Posted By: busboy

Trunk pan replacement - 05/28/11 09:53 PM

I will need to replace the trunk pan, among other things, on my 70' Coronet. I see one and two piece pans available. I assume the factory used a one piece. Any issues with installing a two piece? This is not a number matching super car so I'm not worried about that, just wondered what was correct.
Posted By: hemigod426

Re: Trunk pan replacement - 05/28/11 10:34 PM

2 piece is fine if you install it well and finish center seam,for factory type 1 piece you will need to take rear body panel off to install

Re: Trunk pan replacement - 05/28/11 10:43 PM

Thanks, that's just the kind of thing I wanted to know. Tail panel is good, so not too keen on removing it Anyone else?
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Trunk pan replacement - 05/29/11 12:02 AM

How is the lip near the tail panel look?

Often the lip gets rusted out. If so, see if the trunk pan goes all the way to where you need. It should but should and do are different things.

All manufacturers should be the same but check anyway to see if the lip meets your needs on both pans.

Re: Trunk pan replacement - 06/02/11 03:06 AM

Ok, thanks, I'll check it
Posted By: rattler

Re: Trunk pan replacement - 06/02/11 03:27 AM

I put a two piece in my GTX, it looks and fit pretty good.
Posted By: AeroMonte

Re: Trunk pan replacement - 06/02/11 03:41 AM

I did a one piece on the 70 Charger I'm doing. The tail panel will have to be removed to do that one. A two piece will be a little more forgiving as you wiggle it around to fit. It will just have an extra welded seam down the middle.

Attached picture 6662747-anotherfloorshot.png
© 2024 Moparts Forums